has anyone used this in a day/night application like overlooking a

parking lot. I have to do a demo soon and want to mount this camera alongside of a sanyo 4000 and see what does the best.

Edited by Guest

has anyone used this in a day/night application like overlooking a

parking lot. I have to do a demo soon and want to mount this camera alongside of a sanyo 4000 and see what does the best.

I have this camera. It's a good solid performer in a nice small package. Be aware that some of the features are either/or, and can not be used together, but that should not be a problem for a parking lot. I also complain often on this forum about their implementation of ftp, which can only upload to a single folder and can not upload to folders based on date/time. The auto back focus settings for day and night is a welcome feature. Overall, I'm pleased with this camera.

Best,

Christopher

It's a pretty nice camera. I have some sample images here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&start=150

Are you talking about the box or dome style 502? if using the box, make sure you use a megapixel rated lens. Panasonic has a great design that pretty much eliminates the chance of moisture getting piped into the dome, a common problem with other cams. The analog spot monitor output makes setup easier, and the auto-backfocus is really nice.

It is only MJPEG in the 3mp mode, though, a lot more storage/ bandwidth if you go that way. The pictures are pretty good in the H.264 1.3mp mode, though.