Suprfknman

Image enhancement software

Hi does anyone know of any image enhancement software that actually works. With analog cctv there really isnt much of an image to work with but with multi megapixel images I would think good software could possibly do some enhancing. I have cheap photoshop style programs I can crop, change exposure and contrast, move focus around and other basic stuff but I consider these parlour tricks not actual image enhancement. I downloaded a few enhancement programs demos and played with them for a day they didnt do anything that I couldnt do with my simple programs they just made it seem fancier. The only benefit I could see with these programs is they broke video clips down into individual frames but with megapixel cameras I can export in image format so thats nothing special. There has to be something that professional forensic enhancement companies or law enforcement use.

Thanks,

Will

What your thinking of is mostly Hollywood junk. Kinda like how all the high tech computers in movies always make lots and lots of subtle beeps... My personal favorite is when something big loads on the screen... its a like a tommy gun of beeps all at once!

There isn't much out there like your thinking of... Bottom line, if the pixels aren't there, they just aren't. Your typical PhotoShop tricks are the best we've got, that I'm aware of.