Sign in to follow this  
dbaplaya

IP kit - advice needed please

hello all, just found this great site and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. Ive brought the following on ebay -- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220553193319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Im looking to install the dome on the driveway of my house and the indoor camera in the porch.

The kit did not come with any power adaptors. So my question is:

1) whats the best way to power these units, POE or a power supply. Ive been quoted £15 each, is this about right or is there a universal type supply available for the 12volt DC input?

2) what is the server for that came with it? do i need this? i basically want to install both cameras into the Linksys router so i can access them when im upstairs in the study.

3) how would i access these cameras if i was abroad - is it possible. I dont have a static IP with my service provider.

4) is it possible to record the cctv off both cameras onto my pc? is there software to do this?

5) what lens will i need for the internal ip camera?

thanks in advance

hello all, just found this great site and wondered if anyone could give me some advice. Ive brought the following on ebay -- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220553193319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Im looking to install the dome on the driveway of my house and the indoor camera in the porch.

The kit did not come with any power adaptors. So my question is:

1) whats the best way to power these units, POE or a power supply. Ive been quoted £15 each, is this about right or is there a universal type supply available for the 12volt DC input?

2) what is the server for that came with it? do i need this? i basically want to install both cameras into the Linksys router so i can access them when im upstairs in the study.

3) how would i access these cameras if i was abroad - is it possible. I dont have a static IP with my service provider.

4) is it possible to record the cctv off both cameras onto my pc? is there software to do this?

5) what lens will i need for the internal ip camera?

thanks in advance

must be a first time for me to say you have a good buy from ebay..

are you in the manchester area ???

Im based in Birmingham

thanks

the 6 Zone Expander TSLEC6 has nothing todo with your cameras so put that to one side. all i can see you needing for a quick set-up is a powered switcher to add to your router. pc world £30. that will give you a cheap way to do POE. your cameras will record to the small server and you can access that also from your router.

also if anyone is able to point me in the right direction of a simple diagram to setup the system - maybe on the internet or perhaps on this forum please.