Got a new toy today!!!

23999_386727186718_367668896718_4869991_1154550_n.jpg

411U is a good unit, did you get any mini-PCI radio cards?

After working with it for a while, you may want to get another board to test radio linking and routing between them, maybe a 433 or similar, with multiple Ethernet ports to also learn routing and firewalling techniques through.

You might want to start with copying some basic configurations from the Mikrotik website using Winbox, and then move to more advanced stuff, and the command line programming.

yea this thing is no joke..... I do have a mini-PCI radio that I pulled out of my Zyxel router that seams to work 802.11 g/b . But for right now I am trying to get a Verizon wireless USB760 stick to work but I don't think it will from what I have been reading on the forum. I am also looking for a miniPCI-e card that will work with At&t that I could install (if you know of any let me know please) . Where did you find the "basic configurations from the Mikrotik website using Winbox" that would be a big help and this book is very good but I need to put the board way and stop playing till I read the book.

Yea got the radio working and I can connect to it and get a IP address but now I have to setup the NAT. Gonna be a fun weekend..... I can't believe how much you get for less then 100$ what can't these things do!!!