iank22

help please with my dome

hi,

have a pelco Spectra III dome running it from a dm joystick everythink works fine apart from when i move my joystick right the dome moves right when i move joystick right again dome moves left

when move joystick left it turns left move it left again and it goes right can anyone spread some light on this matter.

im useing coax cable

thank you for any responce

Can't say for sure why that is... But I "Fixed" a similar problem for the pilots at our local National Guard base who couldn't get used to moving the joystick up and down opposite of what they were used to in planes...

If you can disassemble the keyboard and get to the actual joystick mechanism, odds are it has two potentiometers, one for up/down, and one for left/right, like this 122344_1.jpg

unsolder and reverse the two outside wires on the potentiometer for left/right, and it will reverse it's operation.

AD and Pelco uses different procotols to send commands to the Spectra dome. You may need to uses a translator to convert procotols. check with Pelco web site for a txb-ad product and check manual to see if your AD head end is listed

i think the joystick is fine as im running another dome and i have no problems with that one.

this pelco dome when moving the joystick move up and down ok and zooms in and out ok, its just when i move joystick left to right.

The AD is listed as compatable for this dome