tdrinkwater

PTZ camera by Pelco starts at $2500?

Our contractor is adamant that a PTZ camera will start at $2500. I haven't been able to find pricing online, off the top, does anyone know if they go less? They list it as a 27x day/night outdoor spectralV PTZ. Are these any good?

Retail price is probably around that, depending on the model. Yes they are supposed to be one of the better ones, the cheap no name ones (OEM) dont always last as long or perform as good. There are other cheaper brands that probably do perform well but its a gamble most of the time when dealing with those.

I am not sure about your application, but have you looked into a Megapixel camera? That way there would be no moving parts and can zoom in after the fact - but typically need alot of light.

$2500 is a fair retail price for a Spectra V - these ARE among the better PTZs in their class/style.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm replying to the OP, not r**y...

Retail price is probably around that, depending on the model. Yes they are supposed to be one of the better ones, the cheap no name ones (OEM) dont always last as long or perform as good. There are other cheaper brands that probably do perform well but its a gamble most of the time when dealing with those.

I am not sure about your application, but have you looked into a Megapixel camera? That way there would be no moving parts and can zoom in after the fact - but typically need alot of light.

test