Sign in to follow this  
C.O.P.

Help with ACD-PT200Z PTZ please.

I purchased a used ACD-PT200Z High Speed Mini Pan/Tilt/Zoom. http://tinyurl.com/nr5ksa

The camera seems to be in good shape. I can get video from it. The diagnostics work fine. I just can't get the PTZ part to work.

I am using a GV800 card with software version 8.32.

I am using an RS 232 to RS 485 converter.

The comm1 is set to 8n1 9600.

The camera boot displays "Pelco" as its protocol therefore I selected a Pelco protocol (I tried the pelco dome D and P and a few others at 8n1 9600), address 2, 19200baud. I tried setting the GV camera address to 1 and 2.

I setup the camera in the geovision general settings and mapped it. As mentioned above, it receives the video but can not control the ptz functions through the software. The multimeter detects a change when I hit any of the PTZ functions in the software but nothing happens on the camera.

There is continuity between the RS485+ and RS485- at the camera so I assume the control wires are intact.

The self diagnostic goes through the PTZ ranges fine so nothing is stuck.

I tested comm port 1... it is fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the tip Hard. Unfortunately it did not do the trick.

How about some input from Rory (yes Rory, I know it's a "budget" camera but I'm on a budget )and/or Soundy.. any ideas (or idears as we say in New England)?

I finally got it to work by using a keyboard/joystick I purchased for $90.00. (I saw this fix in the forums for someone else who had similar issues.)

I tried Geovision but they refused to help because it was not a genuine Pelco???

I finally got it to work by using a keyboard/joystick I purchased for $90.00. (I saw this fix in the forums for someone else who had similar issues.)

I tried Geovision but they refused to help because it was not a genuine Pelco???

Hi cop what type of RS 232 to RS 485 converter did you use. can you link a pic .