rawstrona

Urgent Help needed on Avtech 791

Hi All

I have an Avtech 791 installed monitoring my home. Only been live with it one month. This weekend, some B******* broke into my house and robbed everything of big value. Now i have them on the cameras, but when i download the images they are only of small resolution and size ie 100kb, but in the top right hand corner of the image it will say like 2.2gb in red, Is it possibly to get a better resolution pic ?, does the 791 compress the pic to smaller size for output, the reason being is that i have the thieves car on a pic but cant recognise the number plate hence need better resolution ? please help, need this info so police can catch these people, many thanks

Hi All

I have an Avtech 791 installed monitoring my home. Only been live with it one month. This weekend, some B******* broke into my house and robbed everything of big value. Now i have them on the cameras, but when i download the images they are only of small resolution and size ie 100kb, but in the top right hand corner of the image it will say like 2.2gb in red, Is it possibly to get a better resolution pic ?, does the 791 compress the pic to smaller size for output, the reason being is that i have the thieves car on a pic but cant recognise the number plate hence need better resolution ? please help, need this info so police can catch these people, many thanks

you would be best to pm scorpion on the forum he eats avtech for breakfast. but it sounds to me when you set your dvr up you have set your recording to cif (this is the lowest for your dvr) you need to adjust this for the future. to a higher res but it will eat into your storage. also how did you do the back-up (on usb memory or over the lan)

you would be best to pm scorpion on the forum he eats avtech for breakfast. but it sounds to me when you set your dvr up you have set your recording to cif (this is the lowest for your dvr) you need to adjust this for the future. to a higher res but it will eat into your storage. also how did you do the back-up (on usb memory or over the lan)

Thank you for the kind words!

Yom, yom, yom!

The PC boards get stuck in my teeth! Ouch!

I do not have an answer off the cuff. I do not have one to grab right this instance to make a test.

Let me see what I can dig up.

I would doubt that you would be able to get a license plate number. How far was the camera mounted from the plate? What is the lens selection of the camera?

You may want to take your hard drive out, and insert another hard drive to keep the data from getting over written.

I would try downloading the video from the local LAN also.

take care,

You need to do one thing in this case that you zoom the image and try to figure out the after stretching as far as possible but avtech791 cant make any difference in this ones the image captured.