I just installed 5 cameras using Baluns and the quality is bad (fuzzy). I was wondering if I used Coax instead, would the quality be better?

Also I am in a building with a lot electrical wiring.

Thanks for any help

Baluns can work as well as coax.. IF they are decent quality, the run doesn't exceed the specs for the particular balun and wire type being used, etc...

What baluns are you using, what type of cable, what length of run, etc. Fill us in on specifics, provide sample images, if you can.

make sure you don't parallel live wires withing a foot. be sure to not lay any cable on floresent fixtures. All your wire should be supported, that is not just draped on a suspended ceiling. The baluns should work we are pushing multiple cameras on cat5 over 450' with no problems both baluns are passive. and as usual check you connections. Make sure you are using just one pair out of the cat 5 or 6 if you double up the pairs for video you can create interference.

A useful diagnosis would be a lot easier if you gave a better definition of "bad (fuzzy)". Maybe with screenshots?

This image was taken from a geovision gv-800 system

I am using the below pictured baluns and cat5E cable the lonest length 175'

when viewed in full view it is blurry and not clear

The cameras are a dome with a 3.6mm lens

Here are the specs for the camera.

PICKUP DEVICE: 1/3” SONY SUPER HAD CCD

PICTURE ELEMENTS: 510 (H) x 492 (V)

SENSING AREA: 4.9mm x 3.7mm

SIGNAL SYSTEM: NTSC STANDARD

HORIZONTAL RESOLUTION: 480 TVL (B/W) 420 TVL (COLOR)

MINIMUN ILLUMINATION: 0.01 LUX (B/W)

LENS: 3.6mm/F2.0

SYNC SYSTEM: INTERNAL

WHITE BALANCE: AUTO

ELECTRONIC SHUTTER CONTROL: AUTO

ELECTRONIC SHUTTER: 1/50~1/100,000 (SECOND)

BACKLIGHT COMPENSATION: AUTO

S/N RATIO: MORE THAN 48 db

VIDEO OUTPUT: 1.0 VP-P 75 Ω

POWER SOURCE: DC 12V

VIDEO OUTPUT CONNECTOR: BNC

Thanks for any help you can give.

Balun.JPG.29c9a7148925d9c57a64329b07778a6b.JPG

Dome.JPG.5854069b9298bb42ad1c85d8dc5fef5d.JPG

room2.thumb.JPG.c3db2505edc230b45ac511048dbc6196.JPG

It could be a low quality video balun but best way to figure it out test same camera with same length of coax and see the difference.

It could be a low quality video balun but best way to figure it out test same camera with same length of coax and see the difference.

I have coax on the way in the next few day and I will see.

Thanks

Or just a less-than-great camera. Had the same results when I did a system expansion for a customer. The DVR card had to be ordered from a distributor that I never dealt with before so I tried their cameras as well (made in Singapore, great specs -big oops). Same picture quality as what is shown in the image. Swapped two of the 3 cameras with my normal equipment and all of a sudden the image quality was great. A moderately expensive mistake.

Or just a less-than-great camera. Had the same results when I did a system expansion for a customer. The DVR card had to be ordered from a distributor that I never dealt with before so I tried their cameras as well (made in Singapore, great specs -big oops). Same picture quality as what is shown in the image. Swapped two of the 3 cameras with my normal equipment and all of a sudden the image quality was great. A moderately expensive mistake.

Then who sells good cameras? I will try one as a test.

Your useing powerd baluns have you done a volt test Camera end there might be a volt drop.

Keep the CAT5 away from 240+ power cables!

I dout it very much that its the camera to stop the whit glow just change the setting in the GV menu.

Hope it helps

Chris

I carnt belive peopel are still useing GV systems