cadice

Problems with Satellite Broadband

I have a Zmodo DVR successfully connected to the internet and can view all 9 cameras remotely from my laptop in most locations including US and Europe. The problem is that I get the error message=connection failed (2), Reason: (-3)no stream timeout: when I try to connect using a Satelite Modem in Ireland, a TooWay Satelite system using the Eutelsat Eurobird 3 transponder. Any suggestions about why I can view the cameras from an "Internet Cafe" in a nearby village on my laptop but not using the Tooway system??

Thanks

i don't know that system but dealt with similar over the other side of the world.

couple of things, latency can cause a few problems with some servers. because your pc takes so long to respond it thinks your not there.

the other is proxy and web acceleration which i see on their website that is built into the modem. see if there is a config panel that you can change the settings and disable the web acceleration and/or proxy.

IThe problem is that I get the error message=connection failed (2), Reason: (-3)no stream timeout: when I try to connect using a Satelite Modem in Ireland, a TooWay Satelite system using the Eutelsat Eurobird 3 transponder. Any suggestions about why I can view the cameras from an "Internet Cafe" in a nearby village on my laptop but not using the Tooway system??

Thanks

Don't know about the TooWay system but if it's similar to Dish Network/Direct TV (Wild Blue) in the US, internet access upload speeds are limited to 128 to 256 kbps depending on what plan you purchase. Not very fast when you're monitoring a surveillance system and trying to maintain your link. Also, if you exceed your upload threshold they slow your speed down more so as not to impact other customers.

We always avoid satellite links for remote access.

I have a Zmodo DVR successfully connected to the internet and can view all 9 cameras remotely from my laptop in most locations including US and Europe. The problem is that I get the error message=connection failed (2), Reason: (-3)no stream timeout: when I try to connect using a Satelite Modem in Ireland, a TooWay Satelite system using the Eutelsat Eurobird 3 transponder. Any suggestions about why I can view the cameras from an "Internet Cafe" in a nearby village on my laptop but not using the Tooway system??

Thanks

your dvr is set on port 80. no mobile 3g or satellite will let you log on though 80. move your port higher i.e 5555

and you will also have to add your port (http://yourip:5555)

Thanks for the replies. I have now learned that either Tooway or Eutelsat (or both) block ALL TCP/IP Ports. Therefore no devices that rely on TCP/IP ports to be identified on the Internet are going to work. If anyone knows of a Port number that has been verified to work, I would certainly appreciate this information.

Thanks

Charles

There are several preoblems associated with satellite broadband as listed below

1-Weather :

Extreme weather conditions,such as low, thick clouds,heavy rainfall etc. can disturb the satellite connections.

2.Speed :

Use of low quality cabel connection leads to weakens the speed.

3-Latency

Due to difference in measurement of latency in satellite and dsl cable leads to increase in latency time.