Securame

Looking for a DVR brand to sell - What about Hikvision?

Hello,

I am looking for a medium/good brand of DVRs to sell. I am not looking for the greatest/most expensive manufacturers, at least not to have in stock (if a customer wants it, I will find it). I will be going to Shen Zhen next week, and I am mainly interested on manufacturers in China.

We have purchased/sold many brands of DVRs, and I would like to find a good name to work with that will have a good supply of their products. I would also like a company that at least can have menus on their DVRs in english, and not engrish. I am looking for different kind of DVRs, from low end 4ch CIF 100fps, to hopefully 16ch D1 400fps. Always SATA hard drivers, hopefully VGA outputs, IP connection, etc.

Software/network support should be at least GOOD. A DVR on which you have to manually install a OCX file on windows to be able to connect from Explorer is no good. A DVR which does not work ok with IE8 is no good.

All in all, I have been looking for manufacturers, and one that seems to be at least "good" to me is Hikvision. Their web site is down right now, which doesn't say anything good about them hehe, but from what I checked out it looked good. I do think they are based in Hangzhou (near Shanghai), but I shouldn't have any problems finding their products in Shen Zhen.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/eindex.asp

Anyone can give me information about Hikvision?

Also, any other manufacturers/brands that could be worth checking out in Shen Zhen?

Any inputs will be more than welcome, thanks!

HI MindTwist,

Glad to see somebody has asking DVRs from China finally, people also looking for DVRs from Korea and Taiwan AV TECH.

Hikvision was most famous manufacturer in China, they are listed company, and biggest company doing DVRs in China. They have whole promotion channel in US and of course EU.

They have Angent in each State in US, and most EU country has their dealer.

And second company doing DVRs in China was DAHUA TECH, also listed company, but they still can not compare with Hikvision, I mean the promotion channel.

Their DVRs quality is good, and price also very competitive than Korea and Taiwan's manufacturer.

But, I think you should make sure what kind of DVR is suitable for your customer and what they request for. They have alot type, like encomic type, full function type and Full D1 type etc.

By the way, they just has office in Shenzhen for domestic market, they overseas selling all in Hangzhou.

And you said Active X problem and working on IE8, actully Active X was problem for a lot customer, they don't want this, that because they used Hisilicon SOC, that is the problem, and working on IE8, just need time. For personal opinion IE8 was really not stable, maybe the reason was we are in China, Microsoft need Chinese support

Hello,

I am looking for a medium/good brand of DVRs to sell. I am not looking for the greatest/most expensive manufacturers, at least not to have in stock (if a customer wants it, I will find it). I will be going to Shen Zhen next week, and I am mainly interested on manufacturers in China.

We have purchased/sold many brands of DVRs, and I would like to find a good name to work with that will have a good supply of their products. I would also like a company that at least can have menus on their DVRs in english, and not engrish. I am looking for different kind of DVRs, from low end 4ch CIF 100fps, to hopefully 16ch D1 400fps. Always SATA hard drivers, hopefully VGA outputs, IP connection, etc.

Software/network support should be at least GOOD. A DVR on which you have to manually install a OCX file on windows to be able to connect from Explorer is no good. A DVR which does not work ok with IE8 is no good.

All in all, I have been looking for manufacturers, and one that seems to be at least "good" to me is Hikvision. Their web site is down right now, which doesn't say anything good about them hehe, but from what I checked out it looked good. I do think they are based in Hangzhou (near Shanghai), but I shouldn't have any problems finding their products in Shen Zhen.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/eindex.asp

Anyone can give me information about Hikvision?

Also, any other manufacturers/brands that could be worth checking out in Shen Zhen?

Any inputs will be more than welcome, thanks!

Hikvision cards are used by many dvr makers. and i used them for many years. until they started adding the cost of licences to stupid things like a yearly microsoft licence. you are in spain and in the same area as avermedia europe. not a dealer but a manufactura. and they knock spots of hikvision.

Hello Kingvision,

I see that you are also in SZ and carry DVRs, are your company manufacturers, resellers, or...?

Problem with China "domestic" market is that many times the quality doesn't seem so good as the products for international market. Sometimes I have gotten DVRs only in chinese that needed firmware upgrades to have english menus/software, DVRs that have chinese text on them so you do not know what some buttons do, I have even gotten chinese remote controls hehe.

Do you recognise the following DVRs? I have bought them from YES (first pic), I have bought it also in Spain (second pic), and I think Hikvision also had one like it on its web site. And from what I have tried, this unit has given me very good results, no problems in recording, no problems in remote connections, client or IE based, etc.

123145_1.jpg

123145_2.jpg

tomcctv,

I have to say that the little I know about "avermedia", I usually always associated it with TV tuner/capture cards, and staff like that, and not CCTV. My english is not so good, with "knock spots of hikvision" you mean that you would recommend avermedia products over hikvision products? Anyway, I was refering mainly to standalone DVRs, and not DVR cards.

We import all of our products direct from China, I wouldn't mind buying in Spain/Europe if the prices were worth it.

Thanks!

tomcctv,

I have to say that the little I know about "avermedia", I usually always associated it with TV tuner/capture cards, and staff like that, and not CCTV. My english is not so good, with "knock spots of hikvision" you mean that you would recommend avermedia products over hikvision products? Anyway, I was refering mainly to standalone DVRs, and not DVR cards.

We import all of our products direct from China, I wouldn't mind buying in Spain/Europe if the prices were worth it.

Thanks!

avermedia are like hivision . they sell cards and dvrs. just to a better standard. http://www.averdigi.com/sp/

avermedia are like hivision . they sell cards and dvrs. just to a better standard. http://www.averdigi.com/sp/

Thx, I signed up as a partner, hopefully they will give me some information.

I dunno about Hik's DVRs, but if their cameras are any indication, better brush up on your Engrish...

Maybe I should just keep buying in China just low/mid end DVRs, and forget about trying to find there anything high end. It might not be worth the headaches...

Thx, I signed up as a partner, hopefully they will give me some information.

I dunno about Hik's DVRs, but if their cameras are any indication, better brush up on your Engrish...

Maybe I should just keep buying in China just low/mid end DVRs, and forget about trying to find there anything high end. It might not be worth the headaches...

i used to buy from china then i stoped and my headaches went

Just to be fair, these aren't bad cameras - not the best I've seen, but far from the worst. They have LOTS of onboard setup options - almost too many, it can get confusing, and some options are in unexpected places... and there's a lot of Engrish, especially in the config utilities. But they are very flexible, and have pretty good quality.

Hikvision has a fine hardware compression card and the software has been very good thus far. Nice and stable, very good recording quality, requires fairly basic PC hardware, easy to understand GUI. The only area of concern I have for them is lack of support for Megapixel IP cameras. In that respect, I have found the AverMedia products to be superior so far.

And x2 to what Soundy said about the cameras. Good but not great.

From the first post, I was referring to standalone DVRs, not DVR cards

Hikvision web site still down after this many days. Not that it says anyting good about them, bleh... :/

From the first post, I was referring to standalone DVRs, not DVR cards

Hikvision web site still down after this many days. Not that it says anyting good about them, bleh... :/

Hikvision is highly placed on the global A&S security listing with about $278m sales, Dahua jumped from 32 to 19 on that list, 2nd on sales volume in China with about $56m, and the 3rd manufacturer comes in at about no 48.

My experience has been that if you go beyond the top3 manufacturers in any field in China, you are courting disaster, perhaps even beyond the top 2.

Spelling is a huge issue, and the first point of contact that influences the end user. Nothing says cheap better than engrish! Unfortunately the lower down the scale you go the worse it gets.

I don't believe that cheap is an excuse for "doesn't work properly", and what we are finding in the market is that many cheap dvr's appear to work very well -- until the end user finds that the dvr skips recording at crucial moments and can't send video over a network. All problems that are only discovered when you most need the back up video, or internet access.

However I would be interested in what you find on your trip.

I am busy looking for alternative brands as well. While i believe my current brand is excellent, the distribution loyalty leaves much to be desired. Chinese companies will leave you to invest vast sums in establishing their brands in a market, quietly and underhandedly supplying larger orders to some customers they siphon from you, and then in the growth phase, they will open the market to all your competitors - be careful of that.

I am very interested in forming a consolidated global buying network. Collaborating with global security companies who wish to purchase light bulk volumes as a network from single suppliers -- so if you find something good, how about some feedback.

Thanks on your input tesc_cctvpro, I have been working with Hikvision and Dahua, and I am quite pleased with their products, hardware and softwarewise. I had been working with Hikvision products even before knowing it, since in Spain they were being rebranded with another name, those on my post from 24/Mar/2010 are Hikvision DVRs.

I buy Hikvision and Dahua both from Spain and China, low-end models are usually cheaper for me to buy them in Spain from big importers, mid and high-end models usually are worth it for me to import them.

And I will be going back to China in two weeks (I have been going to China 2 times a year since 2002). I know they are both the only 2 chinese companies amongst the top 50 cctv manufacturers in the world (from your post I understand there are now 3 chinese manufacturer on that list), and for now I am quite happy with their products. As you stated, "engrish" is a clear sign of low quality, crap documentation, and bad support.

Does Dahua and Hikvision allow you to buy directly from them or do you have to go through one of their distributors?

Does Dahua and Hikvision allow you to buy directly from them or do you have to go through one of their distributors?

I deal with one of their distributors, I always go now to Guangdong province in the south (Hong Kong, Shen Zhen, Guangzhou, Dongguan). Hikvision and Dahua main headquarters are in Hangzhou, on east China, near Shanghai and Ningbo.

And anyway, I am small fish on a big sea, if I were to try to buy direct from them, they would probably just point at me and laugh

We buy directly from dahua. Mostly dahua sells oem.

I am actually looking to form a buyers group so that I can bolster my volumes to keep dahua happy. Any security resellers and integrators are free to contact me as long as they aren't competing in my market. The idea is to consolidate our purchases.

We are official distributors of Dahua in South Africa, so anybody who would like to piggyback on our purchasing is most welcome.

There are actually many reasons for security buyers to join a buying group.

I used to run a general buying club called wholesalebuyersgroup. It was very effective untill it started to grow and the groups members started wanting too diverse a range of products. So I closed it down, as it took longer to decide what to buy than to actually do any business.

The concept makes a lot more sense in a specific field such as security.

We had people in china who actually facilitated each members payments to the supplier, received the products and then redistributed them to each member.

It was the perfect wholesale purchasing solution for those who could not approach manufacturers directly and wanted lightbulk volumes at wholesale prices.

If anybody is interested in establishing a similar setup for security DVR's and cameras let me know.