Cougar281

Detecting clones/fakes

I've been looking on fleabay at different cards, including Geovision cards. I've found a handful that seem WAY too cheap to be genuine Geovision cards. Is there any way to detect the clones/fakes prior to purchase or something I can ask the seller that would immediately be able to determine if the card is genuine or not? Some of them look like they are used, some state used and some say new (the most suspect ons IMO). Some have links back to Geovision's site. I'm just trying to set a system for my home on a buget and if I can get a good used card for a decent price, I'm all for it, but I'd rather avoid fakes (I'd much rather have a used genuine card than a new fake).

I've been looking on fleabay at different cards, including Geovision cards. I've found a handful that seem WAY too cheap to be genuine Geovision cards. Is there any way to detect the clones/fakes prior to purchase or something I can ask the seller that would immediately be able to determine if the card is genuine or not? Some of them look like they are used, some state used and some say new (the most suspect ons IMO). Some have links back to Geovision's site. I'm just trying to set a system for my home on a buget and if I can get a good used card for a decent price, I'm all for it, but I'd rather avoid fakes (I'd much rather have a used genuine card than a new fake).

it depends on your budget. if its used on ebay then its just a bad card been returned. and anyone can put links to geovision.

buying from ebay bad idea. its a risk that turns into a headache and costs money. take a look at the avermedia nv3000 costs a little more than cards on ebay. but its new and you have back-up and support.

it depends on your budget. if its used on ebay then its just a bad card been returned. and anyone can put links to geovision.

buying from ebay bad idea. its a risk that turns into a headache and costs money. take a look at the avermedia nv3000 costs a little more than cards on ebay. but its new and you have back-up and support.

That card has been recommended. The problem with it is it apears to be a 4 port card. I need 8 ports minimum as I only have two PCI slots and will need 7-10 cameras once I'm done. It looks like the lowest model AverMedia card I could use is the NV7240. I was also looking at the GV-800-8 series as an option if I could find a decent price used one.

That card has been recommended. The problem with it is it apears to be a 4 port card. I need 8 ports minimum as I only have two PCI slots and will need 7-10 cameras once I'm done. It looks like the lowest model AverMedia card I could use is the NV7240. I was also looking at the GV-800-8 series as an option if I could find a decent price used one.

the nv5000 will give you 16 cameras on two pci slots. and 25 fps on each camera.

I buyed a real GV800-16 for 120 or 129 usd

They are dumping the PCI versions, its real, new and Geovision also told me its a real card.

I buyed a real GV800-16 for 120 or 129 usd

They are dumping the PCI versions, its real, new and Geovision also told me its a real card.

Can you PM me a link please? Thanks.

hi, i got 6 of them on ebay, and they are genuine and working already fine with my current geovision instalation.

I am just wondering, is it possible to connect 2x PCI gv800 cards?

if you buy more than 10 you will get them for about 80$ per card.

Actualy I'm not so shure it is 100% genuine.

yes, it has hologram,

yes it has blue manual,

yes it has nice box,

yes it works with 8.33

but:

the sign on the hologram looks more like GeoUsion to me.

the card has no GeoVision label near to the IDE port,

the card itself looks worse than the original 1480 i got.

i didn't get audio ports.

anyway, it's working and i'm satisfied with that, now i have 120 cameras system:)

BTW has any1 tried installing GeoVision on Virtual machine or sth?

Actualy I'm not so shure it is 100% genuine.

yes, it has hologram,

yes it has blue manual,

yes it has nice box,

yes it works with 8.33

but:

the sign on the hologram looks more like GeoUsion to me.

the card has no GeoVision label near to the IDE port,

the card itself looks worse than the original 1480 i got.

i didn't get audio ports.

anyway, it's working and i'm satisfied with that, now i have 120 cameras system:)

BTW has any1 tried installing GeoVision on Virtual machine or sth?

Can you make a phone of your card/cd/box?

Why you need 120 camera`s? interesting .

AFAIK it is a clone but i works like a charm.

Definetly it was worth the price, I saved 6x1000$

so, maybe you got pirated card from your seller.

I contacted GV and they said this is a fake card.

Can you tell me what was your ebay seller login/id?

can you send a photo of your GV box (and I mean the back side).

Does your DVD have hologram?

Does your hologram looks more like GU than GV ?

Is the sign on the hologram moving (GV is shreded) or just skipping?

look under the sun on that DVD, is it DVD-R ?

strange thing, I have 100% genuine CD from my seller with hologram that is actualy CD-R drive :/

Do you have Geovision label near the IDE port on the card?

Can you sen a photo of your card?

Is your card V3.52 ?

I don't know, maybe they have difrent holograms in USA, i definety got old GV box with picture of 7.x system on back.

anyway, since I bought those cards they are runing 24h, and no problem at all.

I just wish they were PCI-E....