golden1967

small problem with NV6480ex recording

Hi there,

I have a new system that is having a strange but reoccurring issue. I’ll list the system specs first:

Gigabyte P45-UD3 Mobo

Intel DuoCore at 3.16Ghz

4 Gb Ram

Asus 512Mb Ati Video Card

WD IDE 250Gb system drive

LG –R_RW DVD IDE

8x Seagate SV35 1Tb drives in mirrored pairs

WinXP Pro

AverMedia NVDVR 7.5.0.0013

I have been testing the DVR, recording 16 analog video inputs from a dvd, 24/7, 640x480 image size, at 30fps (in Turbo Mode) with the MPEG4 codec. I am having an issue with recording frame rate about 3 times a day.

-The system reboots daily at 7am

-at Approx 13:02:20 during playback, the video chugs away

in 4 to 5 second increments for about a minute

-at 13:03:31 It then resumes normal playback

-at 19:03:29 during playback, the video chugs away

-at 19:04:34 It then resumes normal playback

-at 01:04:33 the next morning, the video chugs away

-at 01:05:39 It then resumes normal playback

-at 7am The Dvr system reboots and this cycle continues

This seems to be happening every 6 hours

This has happened daily for two weeks, + or – a minute.

I have checked all the DVR settings as well as event log and cannot find something happening that correspond to the interruption times above. I have also checked the windows logs/ events and cannot find a listing that corresponds to those times.

I chatted with online Tech Support with regards to updating the Aver software to the current version 7.7 with hopes that this may solve this issue, but was told that I would not be able to get the (30FPS at 640x480 x 16 inputs)frame rate I have now. Is this True??

I also Posted this with Aver Tech support...........but still waiting..........

Any help with this is greatly appreciated

Thanks and regards….Mark

First take a look at your recording schedule and make sure smart record has been removed. and set your recording to motion (with the pre and post record your card has no point in 24/7) also did you partition the master H/D and set the rest to data only. and stay with your currant software dont go 7.7 till the problem are sorted with it.out.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying, I did check the scheduling and all (16)the inputs are set to always record(All Blue), the start and stop recording are set to 3 secs, does that matter? as it is always recording, which is set in recording schedule, and the always record option in the system tab. I didn't partition the OS drive , as all the 4 other mirrored pairs are set as the recorded data path.

Still not sure why the system interupts the recording process every 6hrs or so.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

regards.......Mark

Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying, I did check the scheduling and all (16)the inputs are set to always record(All Blue), the start and stop recording are set to 3 secs, does that matter? as it is always recording, which is set in recording schedule, and the always record option in the system tab. I didn't partition the OS drive , as all the 4 other mirrored pairs are set as the recorded data path.

Still not sure why the system interupts the recording process every 6hrs or so.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

regards.......Mark

hi mark. in scheduling make shure everything is white and not blue. white means turned off. also i have pm you the new manual if you are recording 24/7 you need to do some settings on your H/D. but i still recommend using motion for recording. but if you wish to keep 24/7 then please see page 124 on manual.

Further to my ongoing efforts to find out what is causing these recording interruptions., I have changed the recording mode from always recording to smart record with no improvement, I have also reduced the resolution from 640x480 to 320x240 with no improvement. I have removed the mandatory record check as I have the scheduled smart record and start recording when application starts-checked and this has made no difference at all. I changed the reboot time in scheduling, ahead 1 hour, and this has advanced the dropped frame issue correspondingly. The issue seems to be related to the DVR application as it changes according to the time it reboots. The next thing I will try will be to reinstall the application and or upgrade to the most current version of 7.5.

If you can offer any suggestions it is appreciated.

TomCCTV Thanks for the suggestions, you made mention in your PM with regards to changing settings to the drives- What can I change as I am running out of ideas?

Thanks and regards.......Mark

Further to my ongoing efforts to find out what is causing these recording interruptions., I have changed the recording mode from always recording to smart record with no improvement, I have also reduced the resolution from 640x480 to 320x240 with no improvement. I have removed the mandatory record check as I have the scheduled smart record and start recording when application starts-checked and this has made no difference at all. I changed the reboot time in scheduling, ahead 1 hour, and this has advanced the dropped frame issue correspondingly. The issue seems to be related to the DVR application as it changes according to the time it reboots. The next thing I will try will be to reinstall the application and or upgrade to the most current version of 7.5.

If you can offer any suggestions it is appreciated.

TomCCTV Thanks for the suggestions, you made mention in your PM with regards to changing settings to the drives- What can I change as I am running out of ideas?

Thanks and regards.......Mark

hi mark. i have just PM you some sp files and also some updates. just click on avermedia downloads and pic your card. it does not mater if its an nv or sa all updates are the same.