ganero

CCTV In Factory and Watch at Home, and my available budget

Hi,

I am new to this thing so please help me as much as possible,

My Boss want to set up cctv cam 12 spot/point in my factory.

and the budget available for this is only : $1300.

is that enough ? how bout getting the second cctv.

what will i get with that budget ? , how about the quality ? and the most important.

my boss want that she can watch it from her home.

how to achieve that? i don't know anything about cctv. so i come asking for some help here.

what can i explain to her ?

Thank you,

ganero

Don't expect any kind of quality with that camera count for $1200. You'd be lucky to get a half-dozen *GOOD* cameras for $1200, let alone 16 *and* a DVR, *and* installation.

What "newlifecoming" is offering you is, frankly, cheap junk, and at best you'll be happy with it right up until you actually need it.

Honestly, tell your boss the budget is unreasonable for her expectations.

Don't expect any kind of quality with that camera count for $1200. You'd be lucky to get a half-dozen *GOOD* cameras for $1200, let alone 16 *and* a DVR, *and* installation.

What "newlifecoming" is offering you is, frankly, cheap junk, and at best you'll be happy with it right up until you actually need it.

Honestly, tell your boss the budget is unreasonable for her expectations.

i aggree with soundy. no point buying cheap crap like newlifecoming (good name as he has had 3 on this forum) your budget is very low. and the biggest part of your system needs to be the dvr. it needs good recording and easy back-up. so i would say build your system in stages if your boss will not give you more money. first stage dvr/monitor and 2-3 cameras then add to it each month. or buy a good named dvr and buy cameras from ebay

Thank you all for the good suggestion.

I told my boss what u guys suggested and she is willing to add additional budget. but both me and my boss really don't know how much budget we suppose to prepare. (she is believing in u guys hehehe, i told her that all cctv expert all over the world lives in this forum heheh )

nah, can you give me sample or expectation how much it would cost us to get what we want ? please tell us the cheapest packet we can get with the most acceptable quality. hehehe

and you don't explain me yet about how i can get this video watched from home. (should i do the installation manually? , but i don't really understand about the process..)

and last but not least, if i want to build the system in stages then what part is become most important ?, how about the capacity (what part is important which determine the capacity so we can add more cameras later)?

Thank you very very much,

sorry for my poor english and nonsensical grammar, i hope u could understand what i'm trying to say.

It's going to be real hard to throw out numbers... Too many variables.

The biggest question is how good is "good enough?"

I'm going to steal from VST man and say:

" You can use a $75 camera in place of a $750 one as long as the importance level of the target area is low." oh and don't forget "You get what you pay for."

The next biggest question is the labor rate. That varies from region to region and can be highly controversial. But again, generally speaking... you get what you pay for.

As far as viewing remotley, there's a lot of really good info already on this site. Search "port forwarding"