rainman

NIGHTCLUB

I know this has been asked before but all the posts are fairly old, I'm a UK installer looking for a camera for a night club application. I'm after a dome type camera not a bodied camera. Anybody had a good experience with an IP camera?

I know this has been asked before but all the posts are fairly old, I'm a UK installer looking for a camera for a night club application. I'm after a dome type camera not a bodied camera. Anybody had a good experience with an IP camera?

Hi Rainman. i would not use a ip camera in a nightclub. you have so many lighting conditions. i would stick with standard. except for the entry and well lighted areas then yes ip. and i would say use a hybrid system. but before you look at your install make sure your system is up to standard for uk. what dvr/nvr will you be using ??

Thats what I was thinking, i'm after some internal cameras suggestion. preferably someone who has has good results in a nightclub before.

Cheers

Check your lighting, as it differs from one to the next, but in most cases an Exview Black and White camera will be the best (not the high res version) - color at the entrance and car parks. You will find it hard to get a dome in that, but you could buy the mini BW exview cube cameras from KT&C then put those in any housing, dome, or anything you want. We use mostly the Bullets though and place them higher up, they are black housings so people cannot see them. You could also add IP video servers/encoders to them if needed, then you still can use Cat5 and NVRs.

Telexper has pretty good deals on Hybrid systems. I know that they are fully digital with 16 analog bnc outputs. We do not run them but have been using their systems for years, I can put you in touch with my guy if interested (pm me).

I have set up a few Night Clubs and Lounges that have low lighting, I found that most cameras seem to switch onto low lighting mode and go into B/W , after many replacement camera and lots of homework I have found a Sony 540 TVL chip set that worked well in lower lighting settings, with a small bit of grain but a very good overall color picture. The dome models are UV-LD751IRSH, UV-LD751SH with a 2020 chipset from UVISION Video Technology. they are not ip cameras but you can adjust the cameras lighting curve from color to B/W to meet your needs on the on screen menu, so they might fit your needs. You might also look into cameras by Samsung, I have never tried the Samsung cameras, I have read may good things about how well they work in low lighting conditions.

empak