lil red

Fail to connect

I have a Q-SEE 8-CH H.264 NETWORK DVR I put in for a friend of the family. I hooked the router up and got all the IP and Gateway addresses loaded and got on another computer to remote view and I am getting a "Failed server" message. It isn't helping that they live in the middle of nowhere and have to use Hughes net sattelite. I did a speed test and it came back with a 0.77mbps download and a 0.17mbps upload on the computer that is hooked to the router that the DRV is hooked to. Is the upload/download speed of the connection the problem? Any help or suggestion would be great.

Thanks

Chris

Hughes really is complicated for networking. If you look up the IP in the web browser, add 1 to the IP address when accessing it remotely and see if that helps. I'm not sure what it is about Hughes, but that seems to help alot of our clients.

So if its 206.12.24.203, type in 206.12.24.204

I have a Q-SEE 8-CH H.264 NETWORK DVR I put in for a friend of the family. I hooked the router up and got all the IP and Gateway addresses loaded and got on another computer to remote view and I am getting a "Failed server" message. It isn't helping that they live in the middle of nowhere and have to use Hughes net sattelite. I did a speed test and it came back with a 0.77mbps download and a 0.17mbps upload on the computer that is hooked to the router that the DVR is hooked to. Is the upload/download speed of the connection the problem? Any help or suggestion would be great.

Thanks

Chris

may be upload and download speed are the connection problem, but for the further you can contact technical support of Qsee product to find the best and appropriate solution for your problem.

Chris,

In order to see your cameras online, you need to port forward a couple of ports on your router (depending on the QSEE product number) to allow video traffic thru the router.

Also, you need more bandwidth in order to see all your cameras online. Remember, you are treaming video from 4,8 or 16 cameras down the pipe. That is a lot of data. You need at least 1 MB/sec bandwidth for a 4 or 8 camera system. You need at least 2 MB/sec bandwidth for a 16 camera system. I hope this sheds some light to your problems.

QSEE Support

Hello Chris;

I have the same problem with Hughes network, I can't open the ports for my DVR. When I try to talk with someone from tech suport, all that they says is "all the ports are open" and in my router (linksys) I've already open the ports.

I think they block the ports in their NOC

Hughes is my only option, i'm also in the middle of nowhere, and definitely want to see the DVR remotely.

Hi Guys,

I just dumped HughesNet because of this problem, and for the fact that the internet is super slow and tech support is hideous, But I will tell you that you will not be able to view your DVR over the internet unless you buy a static IP from them.

That is the only way it will work.