Sniper2075

DVR to replace GV-1480 PC system

I currently have a PC system using a GV-1480 card. The system has worked well for a few years, have had a few minor things here and there but for the most part it has been great.

Recently the system crashed. I tried to reinstall from scratch and I can't even get the windows CD to load to the point where you start the install. I've tested the ram and the hard drives and now I'm at a lose. I don't feel like replacing everything, because if I get a new motherboard I will probably need new ram and a new video card etc...

I would like to replace the system with a standalone DVR, we currently have no IP cameras but getting some in the future would be nice but not required, could always get a second 4 channel or something DVR for some IP cams in the future.

We currently have 10 cameras, may expand but no more than 16. Most are older Panasonic B/W box cameras, when we got the system 10 years ago from an installer, he said they were pulled from a Bank that upgraded there system. I have purchased some color bullets that are ok. I also got 2 Panasonic WDR box cameras, still have to play with them but so far so good.

Would love to be able to view the cameras remotely, would be great for when the alarm company calls at 2 AM, we could go to a computer and see whats going on.

I would say that we don't need full 30 fps on every camera, I would sacrifice FPS for quality, but would like to keep it around 10 FPS at max quality with all cameras recording. Hard drives are cheap and at 10 FPS max quality I would like to get 7 days before it overwrites video. Anything over that I don't care, minimum 5 days.

Budget, lets try and keep it under $2000 closer to $1000.

Let me know if you need more info

Thanks

this is a very good system well under your budget. i would say use the avermedia sa6000 but you cant buy it in america. the one listed is hybrid so will take your ip cameras in the future.

There is no exact replacement of Geovision system as of all the features come along with it, but if you do not use any of those except remote view than here many available I would recommend CNB DVR that will give you a good quality remote view and many more features for the price

You can adjust frame rate as per your desire and since this DVR is a true H.264 you get good compression rate you will get more than what you expect on recording time

You got 2 choices

HDS4848DV 480 FPS high end with DVD Burner DVR and POS “Text-In-Text” Interface

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1115

HDS4824 240FPS without DVD and POS “Text-In-Text” Interface

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1116