mikeloew1

Pelco DD53C22 can only get black and white

Hi all just got this camera, pelco spectra III DD53C22 and was bench testing it, and all I can get is black and white, no color what am I doing wrong. I am using Pelco D protocal and the PTZ is working. Thanks Mike

Here is the specs

OPERATION/PROGRAMMING MANUAL

MODELS DD53C22

22X LowLight™ COLOR TECHNOLOGY

SPECIFICATIONS

DD53C22

Signal Format NTSC

Scanning System 2:1 Interlace

Image Sensor 1/4-inch CCD

Effective Pixels 768 (H) X 494 (V)

Horizontal Resolution >470 TV lines

Lens F1.6 (f=4~88 mm optical, 22X optical zoom, 12X digital zoom)

Zoom Speed (optical range) 2.4/3.9/6.3 seconds

Horizontal Angle of View 47° at 4 mm wide zoom; 2.2° at 88 mm telephoto zoom

Focus Automatic with manual override

Maximum Sensitivity at 35 IRE 0.02 lux at 1/2 sec. shutter speed

Sync System Internal/AC line lock, phase adjustable via remote control, V-sync

White Balance Automatic with manual override

Shutter Speed Automatic (electronic iris)/manual

1/2 ~ 1/30,000

Iris Control Automatic iris control with manual override

Gain Control Automatic/off

Video Output 1 Vp-p, 75 ohms

Video Signal to Noise >50 dB

Thanks Tom, I bought the camera used I have not been in the camera menu yet hope there is a setting that I can change. Thanks again. Mike

The DD53C22 is color only. It does not have a filter, nor does it have dual PAL/NTSC capability. The difference between the NTSC and PAL versions is that the PAL version would have a "-X" after the model number, ie: DD53C22-X. Pelco domes with true day/night capability would have a "CBW" in the model number instead of a "C", ie: DD5BCBW (Spectra II) DD53CBW18 (Spectra III) and DD4CBW35 (Spectra IV SE), except for the 27x Spectra IV SE (DD427).

The first thing to try would be getting into the camera's menu. This is done by accessing the 95 function on Pelco controllers. For other control systems, YMMV. Try resetting the camera and/or rebooting the system in the main menu. If you can't get color at that point, you could try changing the values in "LOW LIGHT LIMIT". Otherwise, there is a problem with either the box camera inside or another electronic assembly.

We repair our own PTZs in-house and obtain our parts from Time Lapse Supply. If you need parts or assistance, give them a call. http://www.timelapsesupply.com/

Thanks all, I just got into the camera menu and under system information it says pelco spectra III DD53M22 (this is a monocrome only camera) while the sticker on the camera says pelco spectra III DD53C22 (This is a color camera) I called Pelco and they told me the camera could have been mismarked or someone servised it and put the wrong plate on it.

Quite possible! We regularly interchange cameras and firmware. We originally purchased a number of the C22 domes and have been replacing the cameras with color/bw as they fail. There are a number of replacement cameras that can be interchanged within the dome drive. Most of the non- like-for-like replacements also require firmware changes, but that is (relatively) simple and inexpensive.

Hello

Can anyone please let me know on how to be able to change the firmware on the Pelco Spectra cameras? If I want to use a different model then the original block camera on Spectra III & Spectra IV. I just purchased the Pelco "IPS-CABLE" kit but the booklet doesn't explain how to do that. Does anybody knows of a shortcut to instructions on how to do that?

Thank you

I mis-spoke. Actually, it is not so easy to reprogram firmware in Spectra III and especially Spectra IV. We obtained the programming kit and software from a former Pelco factory rep and attempted to just update the firmware on a Spectra IV DD4CBW35 (35x Day/Night). The attempt wound up screwing up the camera.

The original problem was slow response to Preset 1 and the lack of certain functions in the camera's menus. After updating the firmware, the process apparently added a password to the camera programming so that now we can't access much of its menu or even program a preset in. We've tried every password we could think of and it remains locked.

Spectra II's have replaceable firmware chips and TLS will sell the updated chip with replacement modules but III's and IVs have non-replaceable chips.

The (not so) funny thing is that after we encountered the problem, I talked to the former rep and he said "You were able to get the firmware updater to work? I'm surprised you even got that far!"

Sorry for the confusion.

I mis-spoke. Actually, it is not so easy to reprogram firmware in Spectra III and especially Spectra IV. We obtained the programming kit and software from a former Pelco factory rep and attempted to just update the firmware on a Spectra IV DD4CBW35 (35x Day/Night). The attempt wound up screwing up the camera.

The original problem was slow response to Preset 1 and the lack of certain functions in the camera's menus. After updating the firmware, the process apparently added a password to the camera programming so that now we can't access much of its menu or even program a preset in. We've tried every password we could think of and it remains locked.

Spectra II's have replaceable firmware chips and TLS will sell the updated chip with replacement modules but III's and IVs have non-replaceable chips.

The (not so) funny thing is that after we encountered the problem, I talked to the former rep and he said "You were able to get the firmware updater to work? I'm surprised you even got that far!"

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you very much for the info.

Take care