wirefox

Infrared Illumination - Basic Questions

With all due respect, and I sincerely do mean that, you don't understand what I'm talking about.

You are right, I have no idea what you are on about, I only posted a chart which tells one the IR distances at different wavelengths for 2 particular IR Illuminators. Ive used both of them, and I can tell you they work as specked, obviously with good professional Day Night cameras, and the IR light stayed the same distances regardless of the camera I used (neither being a bullet or dome camera, but all were CCTV cameras, not IP cameras). Note on the chart there is a line that says clearly - with Extreme IR cameras.

the IR light stayed the same distances regardless of the camera I used (neither being a bullet or dome camera, but all were CCTV cameras, not IP cameras).

Well, no one would ever use an IR Illuminator with an IP camera, so we certainly don't need any industry standard specifications to assist with that effort (with tongue in cheek).

Best,

Christopher

With all due respect, and I sincerely do mean that, you don't understand what I'm talking about.

You are right, I have no idea what you are on about, I only posted a chart which tells one the IR distances at different wavelengths for 2 particular IR Illuminators. Ive used both of them, and I can tell you they work as specked, obviously with good professional Day Night cameras, and the IR light stayed the same distances regardless of the camera I used (neither being a bullet or dome camera, but all were CCTV cameras, not IP cameras). Note on the chart there is a line that says clearly - with Extreme IR cameras.

You're really not paying attention to what Chris is saying, are you?

Yes, the charts are bang-on... for good cameras. What they show, though, is of limited use for other cameras, be they particularly poor quality, or of extreme sensitivity. They're useful as a rough guideline in general practice, but the numbers are only valid for the cameras they specify (or those similar), AND they're only valid for those specific illuminators.

Chris's statements aren't an indictment of those specific charts; they're a comment on the industry in general and the need for specs that can be applied to ALL cameras and illuminators. If the same sort of standards existed as we have for photography, for both cameras and for illuminators, you could pull those charts out and they'd be useful for anyone's illuminators, with any cameras.