Sunnyday4444

what happens when you apply 12 volts to a 24 volt camera?

Can anyone please tell me the short term or long term events. I installed a power supply that could be switched to either 12 or 24 and installed some 24 volt cameras to the power supply, not realizing it could be switched either way. I focused cameras, but not sure if the setting is on 12 or 24v? what are the long term short term effects?

Can anyone please tell me the short term or long term events. I installed a power supply that could be switched to either 12 or 24 and installed some 24 volt cameras to the power supply, not realizing it could be switched either way. I focused cameras, but not sure if the setting is on 12 or 24v? what are the long term short term effects?

no problem at all. under powering will not do any harm at all 12v for 24v. but if is was 24v into 12v. some good cameras will recover but the cheaper ones well they smell like burning bacon.

It really depends on the cameras. If they're working, chances are they're designed for dual-voltage anyway. Some (mostly older) cameras support 24VAC only, and won't work at all on DC at any voltage.