fas

CCTV in Car?

I had a customer come to me asking if I could install cctv IN his car. I know the police have this, and buses, but I'm not too familiar with it. He is having a problem with on street parking and vandalism. Is there an affordable option that I can recommend to him, and is it similar to regular cctv in installation? Thanks.

Hi,

Now a days cars come up with cameras installed in it. Usually they will install keyhole cameras in the back bumper and they will feed the input to the monitor. You can watch the road behind you, just like a mirror. For recording during parking you have to keep a DVR and you have to power up the system.

You can't cover the whole car with a single camera. So be specific about the camera location and purpose.

I had a customer come to me asking if I could install cctv IN his car. I know the police have this, and buses, but I'm not too familiar with it. He is having a problem with on street parking and vandalism. Is there an affordable option that I can recommend to him, and is it similar to regular cctv in installation? Thanks.

there are many dvrs for cars on the market to do your job but it gets expensive. and what people dont remember is the power used while the car is stoped. (record all night and come back to a flat batt) the cheapest option is a unit called t-eye this will watch most of the car from just mounting on rearview mirror.

125310_1.jpg

T-Eye Automated Driving Recorder ADR-3000

Product Description

Twin cameras view, Wide angle view Compact and extremely affordable, No incident is too small to be unnoticed, captured digitally, Automated driving recorder. The Teye allows drivers to mark video and scenes of interest for future review, it's your automotive digital eyewitness.

The Teye is useful for law enforcement or personal use, Fleet Management, Accident reconstruction, Professional fleet and car racing driver training, and student driver training..

The two cameras plus audio channel provides a "third eye" observer. It also features on board digital video recorder with GPS, Speedo readings and external alarm trigger, an SD Card which allows for re-enactment and replay of video and audio, Continuously records video in a loop and saving time before and after an accident.

Camera:

Sensor Type - CMOS

Resolution - VGA (640*480)

Optical Format - 1/4"

Pixel Size - 6*6 (Micro Meter)

S/N Ratio - 50dB

Dynamic Range - 60dB

Lens Angle - 170 degree (Total: 340 degree)

Interface:

Debug - RS232C 1Port

Key - 2 Port : Menu, Event Key

Display - 4 digit FND

Video:

Compression Type - M-JPEG

Recording Size - VGA (640*480)

Frame Rate - Max 16 frames /sec for VGA

G-Sensor - 3-axis, collision, brake, acceleration detection

Audio Recording - TEYE Built in Micro phone

Recording Time - Max 64 mins with 2GByte SD card provided. Larger card will provide more recording

Storage Device - SD Memory Card 2gb included. Device can take up to 8GB card.

GPS - Built in GPS Module with Camera Detector System

Operating Temperature (Celsius) -20 - 70

Power - DC 8V - 36V Car Power

CPU ARM: - (OS: Linux, Flas: 8MByte, SDRAM: 32MByte

Depending on how far away he parks, you might consider having a house-mounted camera watch his parking place.

I did this by changing out a single-lens ACTI megapixel camera for a Mobotix D12 with dual-imagers. One imager now covers the area where the original ACTI camera was pointing... the other is zoomed right in on where I park my car.

Easy.