Sign in to follow this  
Gizmos

Looking for recommendations on a new setup

Hi, new member and it's gonna be pretty obvious why. I'm looking for a new system but never had one before so I don't want to buy a pup.

I'm looking for an entry level system 4 channel dedicated DVR but initially only 2 cameras and prefer wired over wireless. Looking for a network DVR with motion detection so looking around I see the Swann DVR4-1160?

Backup to DVD isn't something I'm bothered about, nor is massive capacity but night view, outdoor proof and colour are an absolute must. Can anyone make any recommendations please? or equally as important warn me off anything specific?

Look forward to any response.

Thanks

Hi, new member and it's gonna be pretty obvious why. I'm looking for a new system but never had one before so I don't want to buy a pup.

I'm looking for an entry level system 4 channel dedicated DVR but initially only 2 cameras and prefer wired over wireless. Looking for a network DVR with motion detection so looking around I see the Swann DVR4-1160?

Backup to DVD isn't something I'm bothered about, nor is massive capacity but night view, outdoor proof and colour are an absolute must. Can anyone make any recommendations please? or equally as important warn me off anything specific?

Look forward to any response.

Thanks

Hi. Gizmos

you can do better than swann. and stay away from the maplins kit. just do a search on here for swann.

as far as cameras this depends on what you need them to do (how far to view/ what will you be looking at)

and also what is your budget.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend any brands for the DVR? I did read a few posts about problems with the Swann I specified but didn't know if they might be teething troubles of a new box that was just crying out for a new firmware.

As for what they are viewing, basically they'll be mounted on the corner of the house under the eves pointing downward to the front garden/door and same at the back so not far off straight down really.

I'm not really after any bells and whistles at the moment hence the entry level desire and I'd like to keep the budget to follow suit. Looking to try and keep it at £300 to £400 just now but the less the better really. Don't get me wrong though, if the really cheap ones are poor then I'll pay the extra to get something worth having.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend any brands for the DVR? I did read a few posts about problems with the Swann I specified but didn't know if they might be teething troubles of a new box that was just crying out for a new firmware.

As for what they are viewing, basically they'll be mounted on the corner of the house under the eves pointing downward to the front garden/door and same at the back so not far off straight down really.

I'm not really after any bells and whistles at the moment hence the entry level desire and I'd like to keep the budget to follow suit. Looking to try and keep it at £300 to £400 just now but the less the better really. Don't get me wrong though, if the really cheap ones are poor then I'll pay the extra to get something worth having.

Hi Gizmo. just pm you some links to take a look at.