mprop

JS-RTA setup

Hello, I bought a JS-RTA dvr some time ago, and regretthat I am just now getting around to installing it. Can someone please help me. I am able to log into the dvr remotely, but can't see the cameras remotely. I cant find anywere in the instructions of wich ports to forward in the router.

Hi I saw your post and I have many of these units in the field. Ports to open:

TCP 37777

UDP 37778

HTTP 80

The best way to view is with the Pro Client Software that should have come with the DVR. If not you can PM me and I can get it to you. It does also have the WEB browser interface but I like the client better.

Also they just released a iPhone App for this DVR check it out at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/g4ss/id368227728?mt=8

Jim

Trace-Net Network Services, LLC

Beware!

The iPhone app only works with the new G4 DVRs. If your DVR does not have a HDMI port, the iPhone app will not work. I found this out the hard way. The iPhone app does not work with JS models.

The app store and the company website says it works with all G4 models, which is a bit misleading. Although the company is GenIV, so theoretically all their DVRs are G4's, they are actually only referring to the newest line of DVRs. Nice way to con people out of $20, while technically telling the truth.

Beware!

The iPhone app only works with the new G4 DVRs. If your DVR does not have a HDMI port, the iPhone app will not work. I found this out the hard way. The iPhone app does not work with JS models.

The app store and the company website says it works with all G4 models, which is a bit misleading. Although the company is GenIV, so theoretically all their DVRs are G4's, they are actually only referring to the newest line of DVRs. Nice way to con people out of $20, while technically telling the truth.

Question: any idea WHY it does not work? I have tried the surveillance software made for GenIV with a JS-8RTA-D1 DVR and it works. Wonder why wouldn't the IPhone app work ... Has anyone actually tried it?

Beware!

Question: any idea WHY it does not work? I have tried the surveillance software made for GenIV with a JS-8RTA-D1 DVR and it works. Wonder why wouldn't the IPhone app work ... Has anyone actually tried it?

I have tried it with my JS-16RTA-D1 and it does not work. The iPhone app connects (or at least it appears to connect) with the DVR and then immediately disconnects. GenIV confirmed the app is not compatible with any model that does not have an HDMI port.

Bugger! I have a JS-8RTA-D1 and was hopping to use ipads and itouches as home automation controls (with iports). That puts everything on ice.

Also, the fact that the iphone app does not work is weird...as their GenIV surveillance software (for PCs) works ... I just tried it out ...

Bugger! I have a JS-8RTA-D1 and was hopping to use ipads and itouches as home automation controls (with iports). That puts everything on ice.

Also, the fact that the iphone app does not work is weird...as their GenIV surveillance software (for PCs) works ... I just tried it out ...

You can setup the DVR to allow access via a web browser, but of course this does not work from an iPhone or iPad because it uses ActiveX which Apple does not allow.