koolmer

CyberDome RS-422 protocol & DVR Software

Hi,

I have a GE CyberDome. The old one, not CyberDome 2. I think it only supports the Kalatel RS-422 protocol. Somehow I need to control it with my DVR Software. Currently I am using Skyvision and it supports several protocols, but not Kalatel.

I have also tried Netvision trial, but also Netvision doesn't support Kalatel protocol.

Is it possible to add a protocol somehow in Skyvision? If not, is the CyberDome able to take any other protocol than Kalatel? I know there is a converter (KTD-313), but I would prefer to not use one.

koolmer

Have you tried Pelco D or P? They're fairly generic protocols that almost all PTZs support. You may need to change DIP switches in the camera to switch protocols.

If you need standalone PTZ control software, try PTZ Controller from www.serialporttool.com

Have you tried Pelco D or P? They're fairly generic protocols that almost all PTZs support. You may need to change DIP switches in the camera to switch protocols.

If you need standalone PTZ control software, try PTZ Controller from http://www.serialporttool.com

I think my CyberDome doesn't support Pelco protocols - at least I have never seen any info about it. I also googled it already. I will try the tool - thanks for the link!

koolmer

if they dont support the Kalatel Protocol, then no it wont work, they use the Kalatel Protocol only. If you feel adventurous you could contact GE and see if they would send you the Kalatel Protocols, and you "could" create your own program just to control it ... you will find many DVRs out of china will be lacking in this area, support for many PTZ protocols. Its surprising as Kalatel PTZ was a well known player in the industry for some time, but being more expensive perhaps the cheaper DVR companies didnt want to bother with them.

The program "PTZ Controller" doesn't support Kalatel protocol. Skyvision & Netvision don't do it either. Looks like my only choice is a KTD-313 or get a KTD-405.