Sign in to follow this  
Potlvr420

DVR Web Servers and routers

Ok . I have a cheap dvr card which does all i need it to do. Problem i have is with built in web viewer. I know how to port foward and all that good stuff. If i use the dvr client it works fine. Web viewer though never works. I read in other threads that it uses Apache type server on port 80 ive forwarded that port also to my dvr pc and no luck except if im inside the lan. Cant access from outside. Ive unhooked router and had cable pump to just dvr machine and was able to access from any machine. That tells me there is other ports that it must also use. I even tried assigning dmz to the dvr pc with no luck. Ive tried to monitor ports with Port logger from Microsoft but it shows port 80 being used but other ports are never the same so im up for suggestions!! Please Help

For the browser software to work, only thing i have to do for the PC DVR is to port forward port 80, DMZ not needed. For a stand alone on port 80, DMZ is normally required. This is with an Iview Card and a Linksys Router, as well as another PC card I have also tested.

make sure to disable any other forwarding to port 80 in the router, such as UPnP Forwarding, and Port Triggering.

What router is it?

On your dvr computer, while the dvr software is running, open a command prompt and type in "netstat -a" that will tell you all the ports in use on your system. You can then write them down in a list and see what else you may need to port forward to your dvr pc.

-Marcus

Make sure your securuty settings are set up for activeX

Tools, Options, Security, Custom, where it sais ActiveX the first rows from the top, where it is disabled make it prompt (not enabled though, just prompt)

then reload and try again

I take it you are using Internet Explorer ..

Two things...

1/ Turn of the darn Service pack 2 firewall that is bloody ON by defualt, it blocks everything.

2/ Try typing 127.0.0.1 into your browser on the actuall DVR, (while the program is minimised, not closed) this will allow you to check that the html server is working, regardless of any other networking, also make sure the darn windows firewall isnt on!!

It's a known problem with AnyKeeper.

Just as you've noticed, remote used ports varies, so there isn't a simple solution for that. I personally was not able to make it work, but I've heard that it's possible by forwarding a wide range of ports.

No such issue with MagicRadar though.

there is nothing wrong or bad with the sp2 firewall. it's doing what it is supposed to do. turning it off is NOT a prefered method of understanding sp2. learn to setup sp2 firewall and then you'll be closer to your solution.

ok guys its not activex problem, its not firewall in sp2. Its an issue only when the darn router is hooked up. I started with Anykeeper then i read in here about Magic Radar so i tried it. I like the software better so i stayed with it. Its a port issue for sure. We only use Geovisions or Digicam cards at work and never have these problems. Hell at one client ( Drug rehab ) we have 3 different Geovision dvrs running on same ip and it was easy as hell to setup in router. We used No-ip port redirector to make all 3 work were the client doesnt even have to put in :port after address.

try running it on DMZ, if your router supports it. I once had a DVR that would not connect to the internet unless it was running DMZ mode at the router. It was a mix of apple and other PC's on a network. Since the DVR is password protected the issue of hackers was not an issue on the DVR.

Most of the stand alones ive used that used port 80 only, required DMZ turned on for that internal IP.