icarrasquedo

CCTV Design Software

Depends what you mean by "works with". Click the link, it says right there on the homepage: "Load site plan / floor plan background images from AutoCAD, Visio or Google Earth"

Pelco has a free camera design tool with tight google maps integration. It is betaware and we have found some usability issues. Also, it's nowhere near as full featured as JVSG

URL for Pelco tool is: http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/sales-and-support/downloads-and-tools/tools/pelco-camera-tool.page

IPVM members can watch a video demonstration of it at: http://ipvideomarket.info/updates/577

VideoCAD is the most multifunctional.

http://cctvcad.com/

As to working with Google Earth, it is enough to use BMP and JPG files as background for camera placing. VideoCAD can use also WMF. EMF, DXF, DWG (AutoCAD) files. Import and export.

This is a screencast I did a while back of OmniGrafflePro, which is a $200 OS X app that is a kind of Visio for Mac.

http://stream.myicvr.net/CameraLayout/

It doesn't do as much as for calculations as the VideoCAD app, but it's pretty powerful and easy to use. You can also get the iPad version and edit layouts on your iPad as you're walking around a site with a customer.

Nothing fancy, but figured I'd mention it for anyone interested.

You can also get the iPad version and edit layouts on your iPad as you're walking around a site with a customer.

Now THAT'S a cool idea. I'd love to see an "augmented reality" version that would let you automatically embed photos from the built-in camera. Imagine holding the iPad/tablet up in the approximate camera position you want, then have it digitally zoom to show the FOV you'd get with the particular camera settings!

The jvsg is the cad software that I use. For the price, you can't beat it.

It's what I use but it's missing some pretty important things. There is no way to export (not that I have found) the Site Plan to image file that I can give or show the customer. Only option is to copy the image to the clip board which is the section of the image that is in view at the time you copy it which creates a low quality image.

Another feature I would like to see would be being able to add tabs. I have a customer with multiple site drawings (one for inside the building and one for exterior parking) that way I don't have to create a whole separate project for the same customer site.

I'm sure I can pick a bit more at it but these are some of the major items I found that it could use.

It's what I use but it's missing some pretty important things. There is no way to export (not that I have found) the Site Plan to image file that I can give or show the customer. Only option is to copy the image to the clip board which is the section of the image that is in view at the time you copy it which creates a low quality image.

Well, you CAN (at least in the current version) right-click the plan and go "Save image" - skips the clipboard step. But you're right, export functions are extremely limited, and if you're working on a smaller screen (netbook), you end up with a very small picture.

Well, you CAN (at least in the current version) right-click the plan and go "Save image" - skips the clipboard step. But you're right, export functions are extremely limited, and if you're working on a smaller screen (netbook), you end up with a very small picture.

Ya you are correct you can right click but it only saves what you have in the view of your plan. If you want to save the whole image of the plan you must shrink the image down so it fit's into that small area of your screen before you save the image.

Pretty retarded but for what it is I won't complain cause it works. For the online price of $195 I thought I may have a few more features like the whole plan save to image so I can use it with customers I mean it is afterall the business license I purchased. I should have just bought the residential version. Hopefully they use my money to make these small improvements.

This must be the right one for you. CCTV Design Tool helps finding optimal positions for video surveillance cameras. The software helps to calculate the focal length for 3rd-party CCTV lens. Additionally it calculates disk the storage space required to store video archives in digital video surveillance systems. CCTV Design Tool helps you to save your time and to design video surveillance system more professionally.

This must be the right one for you. CCTV Design Tool helps finding optimal positions for video surveillance cameras. The software helps to calculate the focal length for 3rd-party CCTV lens. Additionally it calculates disk the storage space required to store video archives in digital video surveillance systems. CCTV Design Tool helps you to save your time and to design video surveillance system more professionally.

Ako ay makakuha ng karapatan sa point:

Dahil ikaw ay sa Pilipinas kung ano ang iyong koneksyon sa Chicago Website mo ay advertising?

Ang itaas na post mula sa iyo ay isang direktang kopya mula sa isang website na naka-link sa itaas.

Ito ay karaniwang ginagawa sa pamamagitan ng mga spammers na may walang kapaki-pakinabang sa sabihin.

Mangyaring ipaalam sa amin ang iyong mga layunin sa forum na ito.

Only option is to copy the image to the clip board which is the section of the image that is in view at the time you copy it which creates a low quality image.

Another feature I would like to see would be being able to add tabs.

Dear 3RDIGLBL, the first feature you mentioned (high resolution site plan export) will be implemented in the next version 7.0 of IP Design Tool.

The main features in this new version will be nice 3D models, including more test objects: doors, windows, trees, fences, e.t.c. The user interface will be significantly improved too.

Support of a many site plans in one project will be added in version 7.1

Hopefully they use my money to make these small improvements.

That is out of the question. Now we have a new additional software developer. Thank you for supporting our team!

Edited by Guest

You can also get the iPad version and edit layouts on your iPad as you're walking around a site with a customer.

Now THAT'S a cool idea. I'd love to see an "augmented reality" version that would let you automatically embed photos from the built-in camera. Imagine holding the iPad/tablet up in the approximate camera position you want, then have it digitally zoom to show the FOV you'd get with the particular camera settings!

That's something we plan to start working on. We have already got some interesting ideas how to do it.

I wonder should we start implement this function for iPad/iPhone first or for should we start from Android tablets?

I wonder should we start implement this function for iPad/iPhone first or for should we start from Android tablets?

Maybe start doing it for laptops first?

Will be a much larger market, almost anyone can afford a $200 netbook, something that runs a full desktop OS also (they can wipe win7 basic and just load XP pro for the full OS)

Maybe start doing it for laptops first?

For sure, IP Video Design Tool software works well on even small 10" netbooks with screen resolution 1024x600 and XP.

The future project for tablets is going to be really different. Unfortunatelly in a laptop you don't have a couple of built-in cameras, GPS, compass and gyroscopes.

Hey, if you're taking suggestions... this is maybe a little beyond the scope of a single upgrade now, but it would be really cool to have design software that would do what I'm doing now in a separate process:

Load a site's PDF floor plan into Illustrator and remove extraneous stuff

Add icon for camera locations and numbers (numbers reference a separate spreadsheet)

Export to new PDF

Load that PDF into Acrobat

Add screenshots or still exports from site cameras

Add link to a camera's icon so someone clicking the icon gets a popup showing that camera's view (actual photo, so the site can check that current views match what they're "supposed" to look like).

Export the whole thing to a new PDF that the site can publish on their SharePoint system.

For sure, IP Video Design Tool software works well on even small 10" netbooks with screen resolution 1024x600 and XP.

The future project for tablets is going to be really different. Unfortunatelly in a laptop you don't have a couple of built-in cameras, GPS, compass and gyroscopes.

Yeah but for example the Ipad and my experience with it, its got a slow response, limited mobile OS, screen gets really dirty easily (being a touch screen), hard to handle (slips around easily), even with the pop up keys its still not anything like a real keyboard. With a laptop one can just add a number of USB clip on cameras and any other devices they like, and since its a full desktop OS they can use their regular game, video, or office software on it as well, plus the price of the tablets are much more. With a netbook one can carry it with 2 small fingers (least with mine). I guess some like the tablets but myself personally, I cant stand them and never could, slow touch response and digital keyboard alone vex me enough not to use them. My first touch device was an HP Ipaq BTW. I dont even use a laptop for any real work, unless it at least has a mouse and keyboard attached.

Load a site's PDF floor plan into Illustrator and remove extraneous stuff

Add icon for camera locations and numbers (numbers reference a separate spreadsheet)

Export to new PDF

Load that PDF into Acrobat

Add screenshots or still exports from site cameras

Add link to a camera's icon so someone clicking the icon gets a popup showing that camera's view (actual photo, so the site can check that current views match what they're "supposed" to look like).

Export the whole thing to a new PDF that the site can publish on their SharePoint system.

You suggestions are really welcomed! Floor plan/Site plan export to PDF is already in our plans. We can add a PDF import function and a possibility to remove unnecessary elements. Adding a link to image in PDF is really interesting feature! If you have more ideas just drop me a line to max (at) jv sg.com

Hey Max, can your email handle large attachments? I'd like to send you a sample of a PDF I've done up, to see how it works... about 5-6MB.

Sure, up to 20MB. I am waiting for your sample Soundy.

I would really appreciate If someone could send me some samples of CCTV projects so I will be able to create templates for IP Video Design Tool based on your real needs.