Eastern

IDIS

Kodicom

Picaso

SungJin

TOM

Win4Net and

Winnertec

I was in Korea a few months ago. I asked people who was the biggest. IDIS, Kodicom, and 3R were the largest response.

IDIS, Win4Net and Kodicom. But there is a major problem with Korea DVR companies. They are incredibly disloyal. I have worked with one of these companies for four years and it has been a nightmare. A, you and I have talked about this company. The Korean DVR Industry is a MESS with competition.

I would kill for a good US company that we could wrap our arms around and have some protection. BUT, its all going to come down to software. Who has the best? That’s up for debate.

Look I knoiw your busy but I am just about to order a winnertech card and some of the others on that list, if your happy to could you email a brief description on each and which to stay clear of, I have tried the Comart it is junk but cheap.

The kodicom looks ok but too expensive

I cant rememeber allt he cards we have tested but besides my techs do it for me but the latest were everfocus, comart, Sunkwang or JDVR, Tibet Systems, Magic radar and many standalones

Look I knoiw your busy but I am just about to order a winnertech card and some of the others on that list, if your happy to could you email a brief description on each and which to stay clear of, I have tried the Comart it is junk but cheap.

The kodicom looks ok but too expensive

I cant rememeber allt he cards we have tested but besides my techs do it for me but the latest were everfocus, comart, Sunkwang or JDVR, Tibet Systems, Magic radar and many standalones

Forget Kodicom. They are working on a new hardware compression board and new software to be introduced soon so all you'll get is one of their older cards. You can buy their older stuff from Safelong in China for a fraction of the cost. As for loyalty from a Korean DVR card company, Forget It! You can spend a lot of time promoting a card and then the company will sell the same card to someone else for half the price you paid for it and all your work goes down the drain. Just wait till the ISC show where you will see the Korean pavilion just loaded with card suppliers and all of them will tell you that you are special. Special until you leave the booth and the next person walks in. Plus anyone can put a card into a computer and have a DVR. That is why embedded is becoming the DVR of choice not only by dealers and end users for their reliability but by distributors who are tired of garage operators selling DVRs out of their car trunks.

I would kill for a good US company that we could wrap our arms around and have some protection. BUT, its all going to come down to software. Who has the best? That’s up for debate.

Well you could make your own software for some of the name brands.

Im really not into asian products, but I liked the look of the Kodicom min DVR with built in LCD

Anyone know the price on that?

Rory

ok thanks. I reviewed their software but it doesnt look very impressive

But it the price is good then its good for me

Yes, direct is pretty expensive all around, ill check out vsscctv.

got up at 6.30 am this morn for a change (normally 9.30) to clean my appartment and busted my head open on a pump room roof (blood and all covered my face so much i couldnt see! and right now its a huge bump & cut), while filling bucket with water, didnt realise it was so low, anyway, right here curing it with some bud light! I always get injured when I mop, last time i stepped on a nail!!

How many inputs are you looking for on the Nuvico? We sell them as well.

Kodicom's are good, just a little pricy. Their remote software is also very good. BUT their standalone dvr software is diffrent than the PC based.

I viewed one of their software, probably was the PC based one, wasnt that great, but it wasnt bad also. I like the look of that mini Kodicom Stand alone 4 channel DVR, and US pricing on that anywhere, i searched google but cant find a price.

Thanks

Rory

Our VM line of PC DVRs was based on the Winnertec card set. It was put EOL April of 2006, but had a nice 4 year lifespan. Very few failures...robust software...all-in-all very nice product.