trainman

Who makes this 8ch dvr that records @ 240fps

First let me say thanks for all the information you guys put on this forum. With out this forum guys like me would be lost. Here is a link to the system and spec's http://www.eyespyvideo.com/videorecorders/dvr/dvr-rt8.htm . What do you guys think of this system and who makes it.

I think they blur the name on purpose.

Here are the specs

FPS Recording Frame Rate Realtime 240 frames per second total, 30 frames per second per camera

FPS Display Frame Rate Realtime 240 frames per second total, 30 frames per second per camera

Recording Resolution each camera: (NTSC): 720(H) x 480(V) / (PAL): 720(H) x 576(V)

Operating System Linux-based RTOS (realtime operating system)

Compression Method MPEG-4

Compression Rate 100 ~ 300:1

Graphical User Interface Menus easy to use on-screen programming guide

Backup Method via BNC to VCR or other video recorder,

via USB,

via network operation,

optional DVD-R burner

Video Motion Detection Capable? standard and built-in

Video Motion Detection Options 396 on/off selectable area divisions per camera, sensitivity adjustment

Monitoring Options split sceen 1, 4, or 8 cameras

Playback Options search, still image capture

Alarm/Event Recording Capable? yes, with built-in external alarm input / output ports (8 in, 3 out)

Network Operation Capable? using WAN or LAN router

Remote Internet Viewing Capable? using WAN or LAN router

Ethernet/Modem Built-in? ethernet standard and built-in

Language Support English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese

Standard HDD Capacity 500 GB (gigabytes)

HDD Storage Consumption 80 ~ 350 MB / hour / channel variable based on frame speed and resolution settings, as well as compression

HDD Speed 7200 R.P.M + 8 MB buffer

Includes Remote Controller? free wireless IR remote controller

Simplex/Duplex/Triplex Operation? FULL multiplexing capable: supports simultaneous recording, monitoring, playback, remote internet function, and USB or network backup

Number of Video Inputs eight (8) video inputs for eight (8) cameras total

Video Input Type Composite 1 Vp-p @ 75 ohms unbalanced

Audio Recording Capable? eight (8) audio inputs for eight (8) microphones total

Audio Input Type line level

Number of Video Outputs two (2) composite A/V outputs, one (1) VGA output

Video Output Type Composite 1 Vp-p @ 75 ohms unbalanced

or VGA

Video Input Plug 8 x BNC (connects easily to RCA with included adapter)

Video Output Plug 2 x BNC (connects easily to RCA with included adapter)

Audio Input Plug 8 x BNC (connects easily to RCA with included adapter)

Audio Output Plug 2 x BNC (connects easily to RCA with included adapter)

Pan / Tilt / Zoom Protocol Drivers Built-in Pelco-D, Pelco-P, Samsung, Sharp, Boga, JEC, Kalatel, SDA, Panasonic, Dragon, YAAN, Pana-WV, and many others

Input Voltage 110v / 230v AC switchable

Power Consumption 70 W (watts)

Power Input Plug standard grounded 3-prong U.S. wall outlet plug

Operating Temperature -5° C ~ +55° C

Operating Humidity less than 90%

Operating Barometric Pressure 86 kpa ~ 106 kpa

Dimensions 2U rack mountable: 17.4" x 16.9" x 3.5"

Thank You

Ken

why?? There are other well known DVRs with full specs, images, datasheets, at much less the cost, even at retail.

Rory

this is funny .. i guess they havent seen this forum??

Id like to use some of their lingo to sell my 16 channel stand alone budget DVR ..

http://www.eyespyvideo.com/faq/recorderspecsvquality.htm

I get to the point, direct, give me the specs, images, and manufacturer, or I wont give you the business .. I mean, give me some reason to buy from you .. over the next guy .. otherwise .. why should I bother ??

then again im not an end user ..

Thanks for the quick reply. I started buying with this company before I found this forum. Before here it was site after site of people saying they were the only honest dealer on the web. Wow I was starting to wonder who the crooks were. The ones stealing the items from my yard ,vandalizing my cars and house or the ones selling me real time dvr's at $7000.00 to protect my house hold items. Don’t get me wrong if I need a $7000 dvr to prosecute these people (it’s been 2 years of police reports and nothing else) then this is what I will do.

The second time I asked a question by E-Mail even after buying a camera there they stopped replying. I have to build this system piece by piece due to budget and feel now that I found this forum I have a bit of a chance with the security sharks. Thanks again rory and dataAve. I have been following your post rory and you seem like a guy that knows whats going on in this business. I respect your opion! You too Data

I can get you a much better system for alot less, even at Bahamian Retail Prices.

Search the forum and ask around, there are alot of DVR options but only a few really cut it.

Also, dont just look at the FPS, PPS, or IPS, as this does not determin whether it is any good or not.

Rory

I am thinking maybe I'll be better building my own Rory. I already build my own pc s and if a componet goes out on a stand alone I'll have to pay for that instead of me buying a new board and doing it myself. This is for my house. It's going to take me months to build this system since I'm seeing these prices. I'm a bit like you If it isn't quality in the pictures and equipment then I really don't want it. I bought one of them ugly dvr's http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48634&item=5771861928 (they swaped me up to this one cause I bought the dvr without ip and svideo at 375 and they didn't have anymore so I got this at 375)

and two cameras. A Gen IV with 8mm lens http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48629&item=5771862565 . The live picture is ok on this camera but I want alot better. The colors are a bit washed out. The second camera I bought was a KT&C KPC-S53CNV 3.6mm lens which has about the same spec's as the Gen IV. The color is also washed out and it has a line that goes accross the screen scrolling from the bottom to the top of my tv. then starts over when it goes off the top? (line stays the same size about 1/8". Yep I bought it from these expensive guys. http://www.eyespyvideo.com/infrared/ir-5had.htm So I will be reading alot here and learning and when I think I know what I am doing I'll bring a product before you guys to see what you think. I am looking at a total of about 10 cameras total maybe a few more most out side all around my house. I want smooth clear video from the dvr. I am willing to put in a camera every fw months if thats what it takes. I have been really busy lately and haven't had time to play with the ugly dvr. LOL Thanks for all your help. By the way I bought the above before I found you and this forum.

If you want a Day Night (color switch to BW) it has to have an IR Cut Filter if you want to get good color production in the day, otherwise you will get those washed out colors. Normal color cameras (color only) will have this already, even the very cheap ones. BW doesnt need it.

Also, though common sense tells us otherswise, a high resolution camera will not always give you the best quality image, there are other factors. Ill use the Provideo CVC-646HR for an example of a self provclaimed High res camera:

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=655

They claim 550TVL but it is a worse image than some 350TVL cameras I have used. Their other more expensive cameras do what they say, but some of these cheaper ones, just dont cut it. Same goes with alot of companies, including GE and others. Not every camera a company makes/sells is good, and not all are bad. Alot is a matter of trial and error, or reading through all the reviews you can find on them.

As for the DVR, if you can build your own, then look at the Iview card, the software is made by the manufacturer, not by a third party lile most of the others. No Dongles and it sets up quick and easy, I even got it to run in an AMD machine, but better in an Intel. As its the manufacturer, you dont have to pay for updates to the software, and can download it anytime right from the internet - or write your own.

Otherwise, for a high quality stand alone ... Hmmm, there are a few. From lower end to higher end - check my catalog on my site. Ignore prices, they are bahamian - its just to give you an idea.

Rory