karl.r

Megapixel Camera and NVR suggestion's?

I have been looking around at megapixel camera's (h.264 only) and NVR. I have been mainly looking at the Arecont line: AV3155, AV3155DN, and AV3135. But I am a little iffy if these cameras are worth the price (built well). My questions:

What is the best for the buck NVR software (see's how you can probably build a computer cheaper than purchasing it with software)? Iv been leaning more toward alnet are there any cons that anyone has noticed?

Where can I find some good auto lens for the AV3135 (that isnt suggested on Areconts site) we are thinking it needs to be 25-50mm auto focus?

Are there any downsides to the performance of the above camera's?

25 -50 mm lens with auto focus to Arecont camera?

No way....

Also, no way any auto focus lens to any megapixel camera, except analog cameras.

You can only buy megapixel camera with integrated auto focus lens (Sanyo HD4000, HD4600), or megapixel camera with back auto focus (Pelco Sarix series, Sanyo HD2100, 2300, 2500).

And, i thing, you thing about "Photo" lens format, because on most traditional megapixel cameras with small sensor you will have very narrow view angle.

Of course, exist some "exotic" cameras with "full" format image sensor (Lumenera Le11059, Le259), with "Photo" lens and auto focus...

Sanyo's new HD cameras all have auto focus. I would recommend http://www.exacq.com for your NVR software. Arecont makes a great camera and the new Sanyo's are very nice. I hear Exacq is working on Sanyo integration as we speak.

Mike what are you doing ?

and why ?

I am sure u know what I mean

Mike what are you doing ?

and why ?

I am sure u know what I mean

Who is Mike?

I have been looking around at megapixel camera's (h.264 only) and NVR. I have been mainly looking at the Arecont line: AV3155, AV3155DN, and AV3135. But I am a little iffy if these cameras are worth the price (built well).

They're decent picture quality... night mode is quite good on the DN... but I wouldn't call them well-built. The three-axis yoke is all plastic, very flimsy, and a pain in the arse to adjust - they include three different mini Allan keys for the adjusting screws, and some of them are hidden away in hard-to-find, hard to reach areas. Plus, their setup software sucks arse - they only give you a complete install package that installs their own minimalist NVR application along with the setup utility, and doesn't give you the option to NOT install the NVR. Oh... and the setup util actually runs fine on Windows 2000, but the installer will kack out and say Windows 2000 isn't supported.

All in all, decent cameras as far as output goes, but from an installer's perspective, very poorly designed in all aspects.

Where can I find some good auto lens for the AV3135 (that isnt suggested on Areconts site) we are thinking it needs to be 25-50mm auto focus?

"Auto lens"? Are you looking for autofocus, or auto-iris? These cameras don't support either.

Are there any downsides to the performance of the above camera's?

Once they're in and running, they're dandy. Getting them there is far more hassle than it should be.