Anderino

The sun!!!

One of my camera's points into the sun in the afternoon, I cant get around it if I want to see the length of the garden.

The camera is essentially blind for an hour while the sun goes down.

If I move the camera down anymore I lose site of what I am trying to view.

Could someone please recommend me a camera that can handle this situation please, I require good night quality without IR. I have been looking at the CNB VBM-24VF as it has everything I require but dont know how it would handle the sun.

The attached picture shows what happens, its just going out of shot but the picture can go almost white

Thanks for your help

728543824_cctvsun.JPG.416e5a06b06de88d750bb84941e7d47d.JPG

I think any near decent camera will handle that fine. The camera is not actually looking at the sky so perhaps its a reflection from something else. Either way going by the washed out colors and quality of the image I imagine it is a very cheap camera, no IR Cut filter and perhaps 1/4" Sharp, maybe even CMOS? Also, have you tried cleaning the camera, a dirty camera can sometimes cause the issue you are experiencing.

I think any near decent camera will handle that fine. The camera is not actually looking at the sky so perhaps its a reflection from something else. Either way going by the washed out colors and quality of the image I imagine it is a very cheap camera, no IR Cut filter and perhaps 1/4" Sharp, maybe even CMOS? Also, have you tried cleaning the camera, a dirty camera can sometimes cause the issue you are experiencing.

Its CCD but was only about £60. The sun is just setting over a hill and the top part of the screen catches it nicely!!

Have had it down and cleaned it yes, which did actually help but the image you see here is after cleaning it, the camera makes me ashamed

Can you mount the camera in a different location?

No, its on the back on the house, haven't got that option.

Ok, cheap cameras, bullets and domes, cant handle bright light or glare well, so the more expensive dome you mentioned may work. Otherwise you could try one of the CNB WDR cameras.

I'll bet you can cut a hood and secure it with a metal strap. I just installed one on the attached pic. Check out the upper right side of the picture; I used a thick bendable plastic. Sheet metal also works. You can custom fit it to minimize the lose of view. This also helps with rain. The camera is a CNB VCM-24VF

Hood.jpg.e2c0a035721ddcb7b39f4871f4d651d7.jpg