fredlo

Email notification - motion trigger

I am having problem setting up an email notification when there is motion trigger on an AVTECH KPD673.

1/ I setup the area to be monitored for motion

2/ I setup the option alarm "N.C." normally closed for the related camera in the DVR-motion dialog

3/ I setup properly the email settings (i.e. SMTP, etc...)

4/ I set-up the alert dialog by ticking off all buzzer bu notification by email checked

The result is that I receive an email every two minutes telling me there is a trigger despite the fact there is no movement.

What am I doing wrong? I just need an email notification when the specified camera detects a movement.

thanks for your help.

Motion detection isn't usually too intelligent - all it does in most cases is recognize rapid changes in the picture. Quickly shifting light (like passing headlights) can trigger it, as can image noise, color shifts, etc. Adjusting the sensitivity will probably help. Setting up some masking (if the DVR supports it) will help as well, to block out areas where you DON'T want to detect motion.

BTW, the "NC" setting has no relation to this. Depending on the DVR, it will mean it either looks for a "normally closed" input from an external sensor to trigger that camera, or detected motion will trip a normally-closed relay output.

I ended up rebooting the DVR and now receives email notification only when motion is triggered.

Well noted on the alarm settings on each camera motion settings. Thanks.