omer78

Hey, please help me with this camera i got SF-3033K

Hey guys, i need some help with my camera, ok so i bought 10x cameras to work with my GV-800 card. here are the models:

128072_1.png

my problem is that after i mounted the SF-3033k 3.6mm camera outside my window to view my motorcycle the picture that im getting on my PC and on my recordings are awful 24 hours, yesterday the lady with the Subaru hit my bike when trying to park her car, i was in shock seeing this on my records but im unable to catch the license plate due to the bad quality of the movies.

128072_2.png

The dome cameras i mounted inside the house is also pretty bad cause it seams that the living room camera IR feature always working, only when the lights are 100% ON i can see that the IR is off, which gives me the following image:

CAMERA: CVC-3030 3.6mm

128072_1.jpg

All cameras was purchased from this website: [mod edit store removed]

Please help me, to understand why the quality is so bad and if it is because the camera, what camera do you think can do a god job with my GV-800 in order to view a clear image of my bike and a plate number in case it happens again.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Well, let's start with the obvious: these are all cheap junk cameras and the pictures you're getting out of them are pretty much what one would expect from them.

As far as capturing plates, you're going to have a very hard time from that angle regardless of what camera you use - you'll be looking at the top edge of the plate. You could do it with a better analog camera, but you'll need something with a lot tighter view around the bike, and you'd have to mount it a lot lower, not just to get the angle on the plates, but to clear all the foliage.

Really though, how often does your bike get backed into? Statistically speaking, what are the odds of it getting hit again anytime soon? I'm just saying...

Dear friend, thx for the quick replay, i didn't realized that my camera was so bad, i saw some demos

for ACTI, vivotek cameras and the images are so clear compering to what i get.

my dvr card is analog so i have to stick with analog cameras, is there any good model you think might do the job for me?

i cant move my camera position due to the fact it is outside my living room window looking directly at my bike but maybe

i should buy a camera with manual zoom so i can get a closer image.

a few month ago some one stole a part from my bike and i found it only the day after when i went to work and so the missing part.

a lot of cars park over there so it can happen again.

i must get a better camera and i hope there are analog cameras that would bring a clear image with my

current configuration, something like this image, look how you see the plate so clearly and everything alse as well:

128086_1.jpg

i don't mind buying one good camera to watch my bike, at home, well i will live with what i already have.

any good IR day night analog camera that can work for me, as you can see my bike is approx 40ft from the cam.

thx again!!

That photo is not from an analog CCTV camera. Look at the dimensions: 1280x720 - that's a megapixel camera (well, technically just under one megapixel, but still...), essentially 720p HDTV resolution. It's also using a larger sensor and a better-quality lens than your cameras (a basic megapixel lens is probably worth more than one of your cameras).

These type of cameras don't use your capture card; they plug into the network and your DVR records the data from there. You need either specific software for the camera, or I believe newer versions of the GeoVision software will support some network cameras. Many of these cameras can also record to internal memory (SD card).

You could put a longer lens on the camera to get a tighter shot of the bike (probably need something in a 12mm) but you'll still be limited by the capabilities of the camera and the DVR itself.

Regardless of the camera or lens, you still won't be able to read most plates from that angle.

Hey again, you are 100% right, the super great image is from an ACTI 1231

my GV-800 has the latest software version 8.3.3.

i don't think that its supports an IP camera due to its BNC inputs.

the total price i paid for my 10x camera is $400 and just to compare, the ACTI 1321 is $600.

is there any analog camera that i can buy that will make a good job for my issue.

i think that the highest resolution for my gv-800 is 640x480 so the card would be a bottle neck considering a mega pixel camera.

like i mentioned, i will be needing a day/night IR camera if it has a manual zoom option it can help adjusting the right object i want to capture, and of course it should have a BNC connector.

i was trying to browse the net in order to find a decent camera with a video demo that will help me decide, but unfortunately the only demos are for the high end camera around $500 and north....

i hope you guys can point me.

Thx.

i don't think that its supports an IP camera due to its BNC inputs.

That has nothing to do with it. IP cameras communicate over the network - you'd plug the camera into your router along with your computer. They don't need a capture card at all.

is there any analog camera that i can buy that will make a good job for my issue.

Yes, lots. Most will need a longer lens than you can typically get in a dome or bullet style (although there are exceptions that have longer lenses). Take a look at the offerings from CNB - we use their VCM-24vf domes extensively as they have excellent low-light response. You could see if they have a "bullet" style equivalent to that, as a dome probably wouldn't work as well in your situation.

i think that the highest resolution for my gv-800 is 640x480 so the card would be a bottle neck considering a mega pixel camera.

Again, there's no relation - the only question is whether the software supports it. IP cameras don't use the capture card; they don't require the presence of a capture card.

like i mentioned, i will be needing a day/night IR camera if it has a manual zoom option it can help adjusting the right object i want to capture, and of course it should have a BNC connector.

The CNB camera I mentioned works great in low-light, no IR needed. In general, cheap cameras have built-in IR because they don't do well with low light. Good cameras don't need IR unless it's REALLY dark.

Hey, i did not know that, i thought because GV-800 only has BNC connectors, how can i integrate it with an RJ45 IP camera connector...

thx for the info.

I already said it three times: these are NETWORK cameras. They plug into the same NETWORK as the computer - for example, your internet router. They do not need to connect directly to the computer (you CAN do it that way, but it's not common practice).

Other then the already useful suggestions, I would store the bike away from the road and pedestrians.

Im really surprised criminals dont try to steal it?

My buddy used to park his scooter out on the street in front of his place... one morning he came out to find someone had stolen the exhaust off of it. Not the whole bike, just the exhaust. WTF???

Hi soundy, im fully aware that the great camera above are IP cam, thx again.

the CNB model recommended in here, anyone use it ? can i find an on line demo of anywhere ?

btw, i might buy an IP camera ACTI, VIVOTEK and attache it to my network to replace the window unit, as some friend in here already said that even if i have the analog GV-800 card as long as i use the latest geovision v8.3.4.0 it can support cretain IP cams..

i guess it bypasses the card and works directly with the software that already working on my DVR PC the connected to the router.

am i right ?

BTW the previous bike i had, one day i found out that some one took my entire seat, i had to pay $800 for a new TMAX seat.

Again, i really appreciate all answers and recommendation, keep up the good work!!

omer

btw, i might buy an IP camera ACTI, VIVOTEK and attache it to my network to replace the window unit, as some friend in here already said that even if i have the analog GV-800 card as long as i use the latest geovision v8.3.4.0 it can support cretain IP cams..

i guess it bypasses the card and works directly with the software that already working on my DVR PC the connected to the router.

am i right ?

Yes... that was me that said that, several times.

Again, thx my friend !

i might consider getting the ACM-1231, i saw it on ebay auctions for around $400, even if i can use its full power i might need it in the future when i'll move to a full digital system.

i was really impressed with the videos of it on youtube and on ACTi website.

Again, thx my friend !

i might consider getting the ACM-1231, i saw it on ebay auctions for around $400, even if i can use its full power i might need it in the future when i'll move to a full digital system.

i was really impressed with the videos of it on youtube and on ACTi website.

I've got one for sale in the classifieds. Practically new, still under warranty. I'd be happy to hook it up for a live demo if you'd like.

Hi bpzle, i see on acti site that there are 2 models with the same part number but one description as: H.264 Megapixel IP Box/Bullet Camera

and the other:Megapixel IP Box/Bullet Camera both are ACM-1321 what do you have in stock, and what is the different ?

btw i see that there is an ACM-1232 is this another model with different spec ?

thx for the offer, do you accept paypal ?

omer