Yeah its the software and how it can work with the card. Its all still kind of confusing to me, partciularly one brand Im using has various versions of software and cards .. I think GEO is actually coming out with a card that does hardware compression. Iview has a stand alone embedded XP system that has Hardware compression. Otherwise not too sure on what else there is ... Dont get much call for that here, and if I do I sell them the Iview stand alone, either way it wont be cheap. I still have my doubts on these though. Time will tell when i get to try one out.

The Digiflower card with the Eclipse Software, has a setting for 720x480 and Mpeg4+ but it doesnt look any better than 640x480, and unless you are running that res on the PC then its still not clear like an RTOS stand alone .. at least not with this card or the others Ive used. Running 640x480 though makes it much clearer, but if you have an LCD monitor then it wont go that low. The low screen size doesnt effect the DVR side, just when you come out of the server software, windows is too small ..

Rory