omer78

Can you recommend a CCTV store in california?

Hey guys, next week i'll be flying to CA, and i'll stay in LA for 2 weeks after that 2 more weeks in San jose.

Can you recommend at least one professional store i can visit over these locations.

I'd like see and to purchase some equipment, like NVR, DVR system and some good quality camera from one of these brands ACTi, Vivotek, Mobotix, Axis, IQeye.

The main purposes is to get a full system to my uncle houses on both location...

I'll be on vacation so i can spend some time browsing a few good stores, and i'd like to see some actual system demos.

Appreciate you help!

Omer

Not sure about Cali... but in Texas any local places that sell real CCTV equipment are not open to the public. They won't sell to end users and DIYers, only authorized dealers.

You'll have to find a dealer/ integrator like myself that would be willing to sell you equipment. The problem though is that most dealers don't carry much in stock. They may have a few items laying around for demo/ testing/ even warranty purposes but its not usually much.

There are however a lot of cctv manufacturers with offices in California. You maybe able to look them up and schedule an appointment for some hands on play time.

i'll try to send a few emails to some camera companies and see if anyone has a dealer in CA.

i thought i could find a few decent cctv stores in Cali, but that's fine...

Thx for the info my friend.

I've never heard of one... There just isn't a demand for it. The majority of the public poops their pants when they see the price tag on a single real camera. Especially compared to crap they see down at Fry's and CostCo.

I've never heard of one... There just isn't a demand for it. The majority of the public poops their pants when they see the price tag on a single real camera. Especially compared to crap they see down at Fry's and CostCo.

I will second that one!