FredB

A very cool DVR Part II

http://www.active-tek.com/jun/HtmlPro/product1-1.htm

We are installing our 6th one tomorrow. I have to say that after trying a number of 4 channel DVR's this one really has everything we could possibly want. Great recording quality, real time recording, MPEG-4, works ecxcelent with dynamic IP, EASY FOR THE CUSTOMER TO USE!!

Found out today that a 8 and 16 channel version will be avalible in June.

My search for the donut shop/ liqour store DVR is over!

If you install alot of smaller systems like we do, where the customer want remote viewing, do yourself a favor and try one.

Cool, i added it to my cat. Im buying the URIEL version though, same company/product. They say August though for the 16 channel version ..

Can you email me a demo so I can see the soft? Or post a Screen Shot or Email me one? IM glad you like it ..not many out there so its good to know. The specs are amazing though, i mean really great specs.

Rory

I'll set up a temorarely link to one of our customer for you. Probably tomorrow. As 8-16 channel goes, later rather then sooner seems to be the case

yeah it sais it has browser based also?

Supposeve%&%&/

Haven't gotten it to work yet, but haven't really spent any time on it so..

Will keep you posted

80 on as 4 channel is actually quite normal these days, in fact I have 4 camera GE DVRs with 40GB HDDs recording for 2 months with 4 cameras, using the built in Motion detection.

They come in 160GB also, but Im sure that you can add as much as it will take. I think it has 2 bays so whatever you can fit into that.

good, i really need the HD space since all 4 cameras will be running for 18 hrs a day (bar environment) and there is constant motion on all 4, since i want the full 15fps recorded it really is aspace hog job.

If you want the Highest res, 704x480 remember it would record 7.5pps each camera in time lapse recording.