I have NVR Dongle (3rd party software) with GV-1240 System. The AXIS cameras worked great, the DVR reset and knocked me off. Thenm I noticed the AXIS cameras are not Connecting. This worked for 2 months beautifully. Now, when I go back to install the IP Cameras- during configure it only says "Connecting" it never connects. Then, because it never connects, in configure the AXIS camera is not listed in the drop down list to select. When I select Remote Viewing, the IP cameras operate great but they won't connect to the DVR to record. Could it be that the Dongle went bad? is there a way to test it?, its only 3 months old -does anyone know if they're under warranty? It may not be the Dongle but if I can be pointed in the same direction, that will help.

Any help is appreciated.

I know I didn't get a response but I had to physically go to the location, (4 hrs away), remove the USB Dongle and then reinstall the driver and USB. Its working again

I know it's a PITA when you have a camera that can't be reset remotely. We go through power outages 2-3 times a month at my summer home and the Axis camera is near flawless, but that one time when you need it most is when it won't reconnect to the network, a true headache, yet you know the network if fine because you can connect to other cameras.

I use managed PoE-switches which allows me to cut the power and restart any camera in the network remotely. IP-systems do save a lot of work, but then I have to figure out other ways of making money...

Absolutely, you just have to have camras that has this feature like Mobotix, IQinVision Pro and Vivotek. Doesn't help the OP because he chose Axis. You can FTP still images with Axis to a NAS that supports FTP, but it won't record video events. Video is overrated for me, I prefer still images, but most prefer video.

Hello,

I think you can use IP cameras together with NAS for a remote view and storage.

How do you think?

Recording directly to a NAS is very convenient but don't tell me you have to search though folders to see the images or video. Customers do not want this and there are better solutions available.

Now, the technology for ip cameras is not very wonderful, as it has requirement for good internet transfer and it used a lot of internet sources. Usually, customer can not see fluent video with poor internet status. So image is better, even most prefer video.

Weren't you just trying to convince us in another thread of the great "value" of IP cameras and how wonderfully "high technology" they are?

For Chinese Telcom, there is a limited for upload 512kbs.

That's the most I can get at my home. They tried to sell me an upgrade to the max for DSL, 768K, but they checked my circuit and said no. With cable modem, I can get higher, like 2M, but at a very high cost, 10 times what I'm paying for 512K, so I live with it.

The best upload speed I get in Northern Canada is 450kbs on DSL, I have seen that my friends with cable get higher upload speeds 850 kbs+. When im installing customers DVR, I suggest to them to get the cable for the dvrs internet connection for a better remote view of the dvr.