bpzle

Look familiar?

I've got the unpleasent task of trying to make this POS talk over the LAN and WAN: www2.cop-usa.com/images/product/pdf/DVRMPEG416LAN.pdf

Maily just need remote connection. Local connection not important.

Can't get it to do either. I've tried both the client software and IE. I can ping it just fine. Tried 2 different PCs. Disabled firewall/ virus protection on both. Checked and double checked IE security/ Active X settings.

Active X downloads in IE but when I try to connect to live view, it fails.

According to EZ Watch "Pro" (the people they bought this from) it can only be viewed remotely, not on the same LAN. Never heard of such nonsense, but OK. I forwarded all the ports and the only one that will talk is the web (80).

I'm done with this stupid thing. I should have never comitted...Anyone have any clue?

have you tried downloading the activeX manually?

If you send me an IP for it I can see what I can do.

It may have some crappy script that is keeping it from working in the browser properly.

Did you assign it a static IP?

It's static.

I went through all the GUI stuff on the actual unit and made sure it was enabled to allow network access. I have seen some DVRs that this feature comes disabled (Aver) but I didn't find anything that would indicate it was a DVR settings issue.

What do you mean by "manually download active x"?

I did try deleting it and reinstalling it again... No luck. But also, I tried with the client software...

if you can hit the IP in the browser, but the ActiveX is not downloading ..

view the source and look for the cab or OCX file name ..

enter that and any extra path it has, after the IP and you should be able to just download it.

if its a cab file it should contain the activeX and other relevant dlls or ocx.

also normally I would go through the source and see what they are doing ..

once you get an idea can either make a new html file and do your own testing ..

or even drop it into a VB program and work it that way.

It may simply have outdated script.

What browser have you tried so far?

Also what errors does the client give?

Have you tried to telnet to it yet?

The client says "connection failed."

The OS on both PCs Vista. I tried running IE as "administrator." I've seen with some DVRs you have to do that...

IE is the latest. Can't remember the exact version...

Sounds like its old code .. never updated for Vista .. nor for IE8. Try IE8 in XP Compatibility mode?

Also see if you can telnet to it, if that doesnt work then its a network/port issue for sure and not OS related.

use the link in my sig if you dont have an XP computer to do that with.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Man I didn't see this coming... I added some cameras for these people and they asked if I'd put their existing DVR on the network so they could watch from home. I said "sure, I'll do that for you for free." Never doing that again... From here on out I'm billing by the hour on existing equipment!!

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Man I didn't see this coming... I added some cameras for these people and they asked if I'd put their existing DVR on the network so they could watch from home. I said "sure, I'll do that for you for free." Never doing that again... From here on out I'm billing by the hour on existing equipment!!

Hi bpzle.

you need software for that dvr to connect to the net. it is cops own software. a network disk should be with the dvr. i will pm you a link.