asscore

Can you help me figure out my ideal setup?

Greetings,

I am new to the world of surveillance cameras, and was hoping that you could help me figure out the ideal setup for my needs.

Here are the details...

The space is is a 40,000 sq ft warehouse. There are 13 "pods"- which are individual rooms that are leased by clients. Each one of these pods needs one camera.

Outside, we wanted to cover all sides of the building with autotracking ptz cameras, so that would be four cameras.

We also planned on an additional 9 cameras to cover common areas of the building.

This is a total of 26 cameras. We would prefer that all cameras are decent resolution (at least DVD resolution).

Here are our requirements:

System must be able to operate for at least an hour without power

System should alert if power is cut - preferably by sending multiple SMS messages.

Must be able to moniter and control PTZ via internet.

Here is our wishlist:

It would be really great if individual clients could login and view ONLY their leased space.

System sends slow feed of images from each camera to some kind of offsite archive - just in case the physical security of the computer or dvr is compromised.

Is there something out there that suits our needs? Would I be better off with wired or IP based system? DVR or PC setup? Who are the best vendors for this equipment?

I dont know if this is relevant but I am in the United States.

Thanks for your help.

A 32-channel Vigil system would suit all those requirements as well. www.3xlogic.com - several options for cases and configurations, all hybrid-capable. Remote access is via a Windows client and camera view and control access can be controlled via user groups.

As far as power-out runtime, anything you do is going to need a BIG-ASS UPS to maintain not just the DVR/NVR, but any outboard storage, the cameras themselves, and if you use any IP cameras, it will have keep the associated network running as well. Either way, that probably means all power for the system will need to be centralized, or you'll need multiple UPS units.

One thing about "autotracking" PTZs: it sounds like a really neat idea, but without some highly advanced analytics driving it, it's only really effective if you only have one subject at a time to track. It's not possible for one camera to track two or more subjects moving on different paths, and it's damn near impossible for it to know which one to prioritize.

For something like that, take a look instead at a wide-view (180-degree or 360-degree) panoramic high-megapixel camera, such as the Arecont AV8185/8365 models (Vigil supports panoramic de-warping, as well). The camera can then simply record the entire area, and you can "pan/tilt/zoom-in" the recorded video after the fact.

As tomcctv suggests, a mixture of analog and IP would probably do well here: basic analog cameras in each client office (look at the CNB Monalisa line of domes - good wide view, excellent low-light performance, best camera for the price by far), panoramic megapixel IP for the outside coverage... general indoor coverage could be a combination of standard IP or analog cameras depending on the detail needed.

I agree with soundy.

Auto tracking PTZ cameras look nice on paper. But the cost of software and licensing for the PTZ will increase the budget significantly.