dopalgangr

Computar/Gantz MP1DN any good?

I don't know if they still are (the case is different), but the Ganz IP cameras used to be rebadged Areconts. It has the same specs as the AV1305.

This is a decent camera and works fairly well... and yes, it is OEM from Vivotek...

CBC is coming up with a MP camera that they start producing now... should see the first delivery within a month.. much lower in cost and will be avail either in box camera or minidome packaging..

I don't know if they still are (the case is different), but the Ganz IP cameras used to be rebadged Areconts. It has the same specs as the AV1305.

The Arecont av1305-AI has an auto iris but does anyone know if it is IR sensitive and go to B/W at night or would I have to get the day/night model to get that?

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure only the DN models have the automatic IR CUT filter. It makes a fairly loud click when it switches from day to night to day. Hated the camera, dumped it on ebay after I used it for a few days.

I doubt it, I'm pretty sure only the DN models have the automatic IR CUT filter. It makes a fairly loud click when it switches from day to night to day. Hated the camera, dumped it on ebay after I used it for a few days.

Really?? What ones do you like?

Well, all the cameras that I have now are Acti. I like the Arecont AV3130M but by the time I get the camera and buy 2- 1/2" lens it puts it out of my price range. I'm looking to add a fourth camera for the backyard and i'm leaning towards a dome to keep the enclosure size small, but I want one that will operate well in low light.

I'm not familair with all of the other brands so I wanted to get your suggestions. Needs to be sub $500 range, have a small enclosure or be a dome, outdoor camera, be networkable with POE, and have at least 1.3mp sensor. I would just get another Acti ACM-1231 as it would probably fit the bill but I already have one and wanted to try something different. Any thoughts??

Well, all the cameras that I have now are Acti. I like the Arecont AV3130M but by the time I get the camera and buy 2- 1/2" lens it puts it out of my price range. I'm looking to add a fourth camera for the backyard and i'm leaning towards a dome to keep the enclosure size small, but I want one that will operate well in low light.

I'm not familair with all of the other brands so I wanted to get your suggestions. Needs to be sub $500 range, have a small enclosure or be a dome, outdoor camera, be networkable with POE, and have at least 1.3mp sensor. I would just get another Acti ACM-1231 as it would probably fit the bill but I already have one and wanted to try something different. Any thoughts??

I will sell you a 3130 with a dome housing and lenses at great price PM me

Really?? What ones do you like?

All but Arecont, why, because Arecont's do not have the firmware features that just about all IP cameras have and I have to use software to use it, sort of defeats the purpose of an IP cam, makes it more like a CCTV camera that happens to attach with ethernet cable.

But for a 3MP camera (I had the AV3100DN), I much prefer the Mobotix M12D-SEC-DNIGHT. Better image quality and the cameras stands alone, does not be connected to a central PC running VMS software or an NVR. If price was an issue, I would go with Stardot or Axis P1346.

As for configuring the Arecont, didn't have any issues configuring it.

The Acti 1231 certainly has a lot of features for the money. In that price range, try the Axis M1114. It has a varifocal lens like the Acti, has auto-iris which is a nice plus over the Acti. It has good image quality and decent night vision. If you shop right, you can get it with an inexpensive outdoor enclosure for about $500.

Edited by Guest

Well up untill recently Arecont was the only Megapixel camera that could do h.264 with high frame rates. Now there are other options up to 5MP. I do like Mobotix alot but there software must be easier to use for the end user and there support for there dealers must get better in the US.