pochrist

Windows 7 & NV5000

Transferring my NV5000 from a older system to this:

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H

AMD X2 2.9ghz (Dual Core) Can't remember exact model 6000+ or something

2 Gigs DDR2 800mhz

Windows 7 Pro 32bit

Running into silly problems with 7.7039 Installer (which is supposed to support Win 7)

I run the installer: Asks me to specify which Card I have (I pick NV5000).

It continues install and the stops with a Dialog about driver installation and to press continue if Win 7 stops with a "Signed Driver" Box. This I do and afterwards it requests to restart - so i comply.

I have tried variations of this multiple times and the final result the same.

After restart I check the Device manager and see 8 items that failed to install (4 Multimedia Video devices and 4 Multimedia Audio Devices)

If i try to install the drivers manually by browsing the installer directory and choose the Drivers/5000 folder it will tell me it was unable to install the "WDM Argus Audio or Video Driver" because it can't find the file"

Head scratch-er here - as it identified the Device by name and can't "find" the driver (which just happens to be in the very folder I pointed it too - or so you would think)

It should be noted that the installer Drivers folder contains drivers for about 9 - 10 different cards. If I tell window to Find the Driver by itself it will identify and install drivers just fine - from one of the OTHER folders on the installer/Drivers that exist.

At this point you would think all is solved - not so. If I try to start the DVR app it stops 3 errors

Argus Device ID::0002 is missing error

Unable to initialize Capture card error

error (0x00)

then it starts the DVR app and lets me Log in.

Just for giggles I tried to import the settings I exported from the previous system and it comes back with an error "Unable to apply setting from a different device

Maybe it me but shouldn't it "know" its from a NV5000?

I can only suspect that the fact that the Installer couldn't or wouldn't install the drivers the first time could be the root of the problem - because allowing windows to find them by itself means it pulled them from the 6000 or NV folder or so other such card it found in the Installer/drivers directory. Which would make it logical for the DVR app to stop with initialization errors and complaints of the wrong device.

Anybody have any similar situation?

<<

At this point you would think all is solved - not so. If I try to start the DVR app it stops 3 errors

Argus Device ID::0002 is missing error

Unable to initialize Capture card error

error (0x00)

then it starts the DVR app and lets me Log in.

>>>Snip

Anybody have any similar situation?

Yup - I did too. Tried to install on an XP-Home system and had the errors above. Loaded XP Pro and it worked fine.

What version of Win7-32 are you using? If not Win7 Pro or above, try using Pro or above.

AVerMedia is not real clear in their system requirements.

The current NV5000 Hardware Recommendation and Data sheets read: "• OS: Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000 - 32 bit"

The Release Notes for 7.7.0039SP2 says "OS Windows XP Professional / Vista / 7 "

YMMV

NJD

Windows 7 Pro 32bit

I've just formated and put on Winxp Pro and it runs fine AMD/Ati chipset and all.

I guess I'll have to wait till the company / product has to matures a bit.

Windows 7 Pro 32bit

I've just formated and put on Winxp Pro and it runs fine AMD/Ati chipset and all.

I guess I'll have to wait till the company / product has to matures a bit.

7.7.0.0055 [sP3] is out on the AVerMedia FTP site. Offers 64bit Win7 support.

Have to get FTP login from AVer tech support.

Tempting but as the Win 7 32bit never worked right, I'll avoid jumping to Win 7 64 til they get it working at all. Xp seems the only stable version at this time.

I built a 64bit W7 box for my NV3000 and with the new 64bit drivers, everything works great is seems rock solid.

Edited by Guest

please try to change the PCI slot if u happen to have problem with Win7 Professional 32 bit, as we had the same problem and changing slot resolved the problem till now.

I have the identical problem. I built a monster machine strictly for the NV5000 because I noticed Avermedia finally came out with Win 7 Pro 64 bit drivers. I even invested money to add audio and four more channels and a few more tera bytes of HD space and I cannot get it to work. I get the exact same errors as you. It seems it just can't find the drivers. Have you had any luck? I had it working on an old Win Xp pro machine just fine but I sold that setup and bought a new NV5000 and installed it into my new WIN 7 64 bit machine and nothing works. I am actually trying to figure out what mother board I have now and updating the BIOS and see if the chip set is not compatible ?? I mean I am desparate at this point.

I'm reading what other people did that replied to your post but nothing is working for me. Switching PCI slots, removing all the add-ons except the NV5000 card itself, got the newest drivers from Avermedia, nothing. Please someone give me the answer to this problem. My cameras are down and I got too much money invested in this OS I cannot

change to anything but Win 7 64bit.

Ok I found this forum looking for an answer to problems similar to a few here. I actually found an updated version of the drivers for windows 7 64 bit. Here's the link http://surveillance.aver.com/download-center

At first I wasn't sure because the site had Aver not Avermedia or Averdigi but after I installed everything it is the same program it just says Aver instead of Avermedia. I have been running it for a week already and it hasn't given me any problems.

When you're at the download center screen it gives you 3 steps. Step one you select Hybrid capture card. Step two you select NV3000/NV5000. And finally step three you select software and click search. A list shows up below the steps. Just choose main software and download. This version is 7.7.0.0125. I also downloaded and ran the patch which can also be found in step 3.

I have the NV3000 using XP and all has been working fine until a couple days ago.

I'm getting the same errors. Device error 0002.

Argus Capture Card Initialization Error

ID Error 0x00.

Nothing has been changed on my system.

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling but no joy. Still getting the same errors.

Any help anyone please.

ID Error 0x00.

hi you are running 3 year old software. download the latest software. will solve your problem and give you more options

Same thing here - could not get the NV5000 software to run on XP without the following errors:

Device error ID: 0205!! (8 times)

Cannot find capture device!!

Argus capture card initialization ERROR!!!

Argus capture card ID ERROR (0X00) !!!

I had other errors initially and have been corresponding with an Aver tech. I was able to resolve all initial errors except for those I listed above that appear when running the DVR software.

I can't begin to tell hour many hours I spent in install / uninstall / reinstall loops.

Ultimately, installing XP Pro resolved it... immediately. Never mind that took hours to backup/preserve everything on the HDD and to go through all the Microsoft and required Dell updates just to have a good base XP Pro install. Installed the DVR software like I had at least 20 time before, and it worked right away without any errors. No I can go back to re-installing all the other stuff (MS Office, etc.).

As noted in another post, the minimum requirements are inconsistent (I had to point out a couple of them to the tech who initially suggested out I was out of 'specs').

Had it not been for this forum, I don't think I would have gone the XP Pro route. But I did, it now works, and I thank you all for posting the solution where people like me could find it. I'll pass this info to the Tech.

Thanks again.

Ultimately, installing XP Pro resolved it... immediately. Never mind that took hours to backup/preserve everything on the HDD and to go through all the Microsoft and required Dell updates just to have a good base XP Pro install.

Avermedia have been in contact but have yet to resolve my problem.

I still have the same error and it looks like I will have to go into the reinstallation of XP Pro route.

Is it possible to repair or install XP Pro on my PC without having to go through re-installing all software & programs on my PC?

If it is possible...whats the best way?

BTW I have also tried installing the latest software from Aver's site but it never worked!

Thanks for your help.

BTW I have also tried installing the latest software from Aver's site but it never worked!

why did it not work ??? what was missing ??

I still have the same error and it looks like I will have to go into the reinstallation of XP Pro route

I'm getting the same errors. Device error 0002.

ID Error 0x00

if you are getting this message then you are loading the software that you got with the card (its to old)