trainman

Snowy picture

someone tiefed my garbage can.

Did they snag your garbage too?

no, they left that, in fact it was empty as it was a new can the landlord just bought a few weeks ago, and i never used it

Don't take it too hard rory. When I first installed this phone system in the house/office I over looked a critical setting for the office line. When I put the system in night mode it left the office line in a disastrous ring no-answer state. Needless to say I missed a very important call during the final stages of a contract agreement. Of course the potential client said he needed to go with someone who would actually answer their phone when he called... I couldn't argue with that.

But I did have to point out that he had my cell phone number which is answered 24/7/365.

bryan1656 very funny. Really I think I was about to derail till I found Rory and you guys!! I just wanted to say thanks for the all the help. Nothing else has happened since I put this camera up. I guess whoever is doing the damage/theft seen me hang it. I will be playing with different cameras/lights/ir's till I get what I want. I have to do this slow though because the wife don't want me spending money on this "stuff" as she says. She thinks they are done but the next time it happens I bet I hear about it. LOL. I have a good picture during the day now and can see faces very well, dusk is good but night is still not so great but better. I'm sure now it's the camera. So I need a better camera and light here. No IR because it's the front side of my house. I would like it to be as stealth as possible. This is why I chose a bullet instead of a housing/camera. Again thanks for the help. I think I'm going to check out Rory's ECL-596 .

No problem! I think just about all of us are here because we enjoying learning from each other, and also helping others when we can.

One thing-

quote: " No IR because it's the front side of my house. I would like it to be as stealth as possible. "

If you want "stealth", as in not using much visible light, then you *are* going to want to use infrared (IR). If you want truly "invisible", then look for IR lights sources that are >940nm. Anything less will leave a tell-tale faint redish glow, which *might* be okay for you in your application, but be forwarned. (Alot of places don't list it in thier specs, so call and ask.)

The IR LEDs consume less power and don't generate as much heat as the "older" style halogens with a filter.

Depending on your electronics background, you may feel comfortable buying your own LEDs and breadboard, etc. and making your own.

Some links -

http://www.digikey.com

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

again... HTH