mountaindale

Broadcasting with IP cameras

I am thinking of using the Sanyo VCC-HD2100 for some live streaming and was wondering if any one had some thoughts on this. I will be streaming from multiple live venues on a daily basis and figured this might be a way to save on computer costs. I will be using Red5 as a broadcast server, and will be incorporating the feed into a JW player. Is this all possible? I simply want to send the IP camera feed directly to my hosted video server and then embed the stream into my players on my site... Any help or discussion on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, idia not new. But you will deffenetly face some troubles))) First you should forget about Hi resolution streaming ) Than you will find that audio format using in mostly cameras doesn't supported with media streamer software nor with internet player..... Not every camera will suit to this application....

The bigest issue you face is bandwidth unless you have a dedicated high speed circuit. You would know if you had such a circuit because the cost would be in the thousands. Do not try this with cable or dsl home service.

Check out UStream.com. It's a service that you stream your camera to and people connect to UStream to see the live feed.

It is really the automation of the IP cameras that I am after and cutting the computer out of the equation. I have looked at both live stream and Ustream, and they don't really fit my needs for this particular project. If I brought a software engineer on board could I not get this to work? Also, how does the bandwith factor into all of this? If it is simply one camera would there still be issues with bandwith?

It's not the number of cameras that affects bandwidth as much as the number of viewers. If your camera stream needs (for the sake of easy calculation) 100kbps... then five viewers on it will mean 500kbps; ten viewers will be a megabit of upstream required. That's where a streaming server comes in - your connection only needs to support a single feed to the server, then they handle the heavy bandwidth needs.