jumpjack

free remote streaming SW

I recently bought a standalone DVR named just "8204S":

http://www.kingshopitalia.com/dvr-videoregistratore-4ch-lan-web-mjpeg-p-139.html?osCsid=lrabu46rpcbfsgkf6aqfggc875

I successfully configured both it and my modem/router, so I can see internal DVR web pages from remote, even by virtual DNS.

Unfortunately, that's all I can see: I am not able to see any video stream. The weird thing is that I CAN see video stream by conneting to local IP 192.168.0.5, but I cannot if I connect... to my PC from my PC itself, using the public IP!

The DVR uses an activeX named iFlyNPSX.CAB , which I am not able to find info about nowhere.

It should also be possibile to connect to the DVR using QQEYE SW I received bundled with the DVR, but actually I can't. I also received an additional mobile SW, called MyEye, but it does not install at all, and I can't find any info about it.

So, te question is: do DVR use a standard method to stream video? Do they exist free SW to connect to generic DVRs? (both for Symbian phones and/or Windows PCs)

If it can be of some use, I am able to see video steam coming from my PC if I use WebcamXP SW, so it shouldn't be an issue related to my ADSL.

^Seconded - some setups use a separate port or ports for the video stream. If your router supports it, try settings the DVR's IP as a DMZ (demilitarized zone, forwards ALL otherwise-unforwarded ports to that IP), and see if that works.

Check to make sure you have all of correct ports opened and forwarded on your router.

As I said, I can't understand which further ports besides 80 are (maybe?) used by the DVR.

Can't find any DMZ option on my router.

Well port 80 is open because you can see the web interface but the ports for the video are not.... your gonna have to find the manual and see which ports need to be opened

Manual does not say a word about video ports (but actually I received a generic manual for this DVR family rather than its own).

Router is sitecom 54g, and this is my port forwarding (attached).

But ShieldsUp! says my 640xx ports are closed! Why?!?

I found several DVR viewers, but none works for me:

http://www.apexcctv.com/p-943-4-channel-avtech-nvr.aspx

http://snavtclient.epipe.com/readme/all

about12741.html

http://www.apexcctv.com/p-510-4-camera-60-fps-security-dvr.aspx

By the way, what are "Video Server E" and "Video Server S", talking about DVR streaming?

porte.JPG.42272c0578e974354f63f14c605165d7.JPG

Video Server E and S are 2 different versions of remote video software for AvTech DVRs.

As its a stand alone DVR without a standard OS, just put its local IP on the DMZ and see if it works then.

Although it is unlikely, your ISP might be blocking those ports. If it still doesnt work after the DMZ then try changing ALL the ports.

"Sitecom 54g" doesn't help - I need a model number to look up the manual.

If your port forwarding isn't set up properly, then it doesn't matter what software you use to access it remotely. You can try a thousand different packages and they still won't be able to communicate with the DVR.

Video Server E and S are 2 different versions of remote video software for AvTech DVRs.

As its a stand alone DVR without a standard OS, just put its local IP on the DMZ and see if it works then.

Although it is unlikely, your ISP might be blocking those ports. If it still doesnt work after the DMZ then try changing ALL the ports.

I didn't yet understand if this is actually an AvTech, anyway I know it mounts embedded linux.

What do you mean by "changing all the ports"?

BTW router is Sitecom WL-613, not "54G".

So WHY are you forwarding the ports in the 600xx range? Do you know that those are the ports used by the DVR?

Just guessing: I "downloaded" from the DVR a .js file containing scripts associatd with the video straming page, nad the sources "talks" about port 64000 + 4 * Channel , and activating debugging in Internet Explorer shows Channel allowed values are from 0 to 3.

I wonder how I can exactly determine the actual manufacturer of my device and how to find a complete manual.

Although it does soud like a port problem here, its worth noting that I have had some problems with some of the cheaper DVR's that use the CMS plugin for IE.

Where even locally, video would not be displayed, and deleting the plugin and deleting IE history and letting it download a fresh copy of the plugin was the only way to cure the problem.

Also had some strange problems with the same plugin and Vista.

^Mark has a good suggestion here - I'd try that next.

Setting the DVR as DMZ will get around any port-forwarding issues and confirm whether or not that's the problem.

And beyond that, again, just throwing different software at it will not likely solve the problem either - there simply are no standards when it comes to DVR remote viewing, so everyone has their own way to accomplish it, and very few of them are cross-compatible. The chances of someone else's software working with your no-name DVR are slim to none.

As far as identifying the unit... are there ANY labels on it with part, model or serial numbers beyond the link you posted? I'm surprised scorpion hasn't stepped in here, he can usually identify them just by looking at the picture

As far as identifying the unit... are there ANY labels on it with part, model or serial numbers beyond the link you posted? I'm surprised scorpion hasn't stepped in here, he can usually identify them just by looking at the picture

after long searches, I came to this weird page comlpaining about DVR cloning!

http://www.cn-dvr.net/enindex.html

Although my DVR has no built-in monitor, I suspect this is the original manufacturer, as looking around for patent n. 200830253597.6 I found this manual:

www.cn-dvr.com/manual/J104English.pdf

If that's true, the manufacturer would be "ShenZhen Skybest Electronic Co.,Ltd.".

First picture is very similar (but not the same) to my device. But the device in that manual completely lacks external alarm inputs, so I don't know what to think...

I'll check for labels on the unit.

there simply are no standards when it comes to DVR remote viewing

I thought "MJPEG" was a streaming standard...

Although it does soud like a port problem here, its worth noting that I have had some problems with some of the cheaper DVR's that use the CMS plugin for IE.

Where even locally, video would not be displayed, and deleting the plugin and deleting IE history and letting it download a fresh copy of the plugin was the only way to cure the problem.

Do you know where to download from the CMS plugin, besides... from my DVR?

I'll try deleting it and reinstalling from scratch. But... how do I uninstall an IE activex/plugin?!?

there simply are no standards when it comes to DVR remote viewing

I thought "MJPEG" was a streaming standard...

Yes, but the client and DVR still have to exchange control codes... and not all use MJPEG (H.264 and MPEG-4 are also common, and I've even seen Quicktime and WMV used). The video stream itself may be compatible, but the client also has to tell the DVR when to start and stop streaming, which channel(s) to send, where to search, etc. etc.

Although my DVR has no built-in monitor, I suspect this is the original manufacturer, as looking around for patent n. 200830253597.6 I found this manual:

http://www.cn-dvr.com/manual/J104English.pdf

If that's true, the manufacturer would be "ShenZhen Skybest Electronic Co.,Ltd.".

Never mind, it's not it (although it IS also available on same online store: http://www.kingshopitalia.com/dvr-videoregistratore-4ch-mjpeg-500gb-p-142.html)

What about this "Vtek" site?!?

http://www.vtek.com.br/

How do I browse it???

no manufacturer label on the unit, just a serial number Google can't find...

I deleted the activex (doesn't it exist a better method to uninstall plugin from IE8 than roughly deleting files from windows\system32 ???) and reinstalled it, nothing changed.

Could IE8 by the cause of the trouble? I just tried the "download" option of the DVR, but IE8 prevents script from opening the window to select folder to save file to! same script works in office PC, which has IE7 installed (but which can't access DVR from remote... ).

Anyway, inserting download path by hand, download starts, file is created... but it never grows, progress gauge does not increase, nothing happens.

"Fun" to see that download script use an even additional 64030 port...

Even more funny to see is that in the DVR CD there IS a Viewer SW (I didn't find it before because it's in DOC folder ), but it can just view already downloaded MJPG files!

Using a different PC in same local network, I eventually obtained some results... although weird:

Working settings:

130716_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

130716_2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Weird things:

*IE 8 used in both PCs, even same built.

*Same settings on both IE.

*Same router, no settings changed.

*Same OS (Win XP SP3).

Weirdest:

look at second picture:

*why is IE downloading from local 192.168.0.5 although I clicked DOWNLOAD button on remote page on 151.xxx.xxx.xxx ?!?

*why Port Explorer shows port 20000 is used on this PC rather than on remote like for streaming and playback?!?

Others:

* why is the activeX using port 54000 for any channel, although script specifies 64000 + 4*ChannelNumber?

* what the hell is port 6610 for?!?

* why manual of a DIFFERENT unit recommends to open ports 54000-54030, 6610 and 3180?!?

Have fun with finding the answers!