Cooperman

IFSEC 2005 - NEC Birmingham UK

So hands up all those who are going to the IFSEC security show next week.

I've nearly finished my training, just another three marathons and a thousand press ups and I should be about ready (in my dreams).

well i will be there on the monday!

comming down from cumbria sun nite. just hope i can get acommadation!

frosted

ive got a room sorted for the sun nite at the nec. travel lodge jobbie,

and ive registerd online for the free tickets.

ideal.

im looking forward to it

and a busy wek of installs and ordering when i get back

Head will be spinning & feet aching again.

Lol, you can say that again!!!

Hoping to go wednesday for the whole day, maybe stay for thursday. heard there's even more exhibitors this year! Was going to go today but got to handover a job and the first day is always too congested!!

well i went yesterday. very intersting. what i found very intersting the huge range and differneces beteen dvrs in both price and spec. anyone got any views on "cop security" dvrs?

if they use the same cameras they do on this side, id stay very clear of them ..

Went to IFSEC yesterday,

Don't know what hurts more today, my head or my feet!

Only managed to get round about fifty stands so far, so it looks like I might have to go back again tomorrow (still 650+ to go!!!).

I stopped counting DVR's when it went past 150. Strange how they all begin to look the same after a while, apart from the ones built into 15" LCD monitors.

Seen enough 'bullets' to start a price war

Can't decide .... beer or aspirin ....

Went to IFSEC yesterday,

Don't know what hurts more today, my head or my feet!

Only managed to get round about fifty stands so far, so it looks like I might have to go back again tomorrow (still 650+ to go!!!).

I stopped counting DVR's when it went past 150. Strange how they all begin to look the same after a while, apart from the ones built into 15" LCD monitors.

Seen enough 'bullets' to start a price war

Can't decide .... beer or aspirin ....

bacardi ..

if you get near manchester on the way give my bro a shout ..

Bacardi!!! ... now why didn't I think of that (Mrs. C's favourite tipple... sorry, drink).

Had to blow out the 2nd visit today s**t happens

Not sure about the passing Manchester bit rory, if I went to Birmingham from London via Manchester, I'd have to set out the week before

As it is, driving to the show was a five hour round trip, so I suppose at least that's one thing I won't be missing today. Still all the more time to read through the brochures, brochures ... so many brochures!

Anyone else managed to get there, and what did you think?

I hate brochures (just give me a link darnit!). I got some now I have to pick up from the PO. they are piling up .. and i dont even know who sent them ,, plus theylll probably try to charge me customs duty!

yeah i very much enjoyed it was awsome. lots of products. however i just dont know who to trust and use as a supplier. thinking copsecurity or y3k

frosted

Dont know about y3K but COP is just another OEM importer of very cheap Products ... so they arent anything special ... But if you are targeting the low end market then they should work okay .. over this side though they are considered a stay away product, I used them for the first products I ever sold .....

What they do is have a main branch in Asia that buys wholesale and then sends them off to the reps in the UK and the USA ...same as Eclipse CCTV in Miami does .. except I touch eclipse products while I wont go near COPs anymore .. at least on this side of the globe ...

Rory

Shame about the brochures rory, I was going to send you all my old 'archive' collection

Hey frosted, I don't deal with any of the far east import companies so I can't make any recommendations. That said, I did have a chat with a guy who imports GSP equipment from Korea, and I was more than pleasantly impressed.

No idea what the gear (or the company) is like, but if you check out their website, it's at http://www.ezCCTV.com

I haven't looked myself yet, so don't shoot the messenger if it's a load of old you know what.