lmcgrew79

Vivotek FD8361 Camera Images @ my home

First off im new here. I purchased 2 mobotix q24s and sent one back and purchased 3 vivoteks. I really think the mobotix image is crap. Ill ive tryed every setting i can do on the cam. Exposure brightness etc etc. The camera is focused but i think they are nowhere near the vivotek for image quality. I guess your just paying for the hemisphere images it can produce.

Vivoteks

Pool camera havent focused yet.

131199_1.jpg

131199_2.jpg

Mobotix q24

131199_3.jpg

First off im new here. I purchased 2 mobotix q24s and sent one back and purchased 3 vivoteks. I really think the mobotix image is crap. Ill ive tryed every setting i can do on the cam. Exposure brightness etc etc. The camera is focused but i think they are nowhere near the vivotek for image quality. I guess your just paying for the hemisphere images it can produce.

The Q24 is a great camera if used in the correct situation just like any other camera. The Q24 is for wide coverage with no blind spots, not detail images of peoples faces 30 ft away. If you where going to use the Q24 in the location where the Vivoteks are installed and you wanted detail it would never work. The Q24 is a tool just every other camera, use the correct tool for the job! At those outside locations if you tried a M12 you say the Vivotek image is crap. What are you using for recording?

The Q24 is a great camera if used in the correct situation just like any other camera. The Q24 is for wide coverage with no blind spots, not detail images of peoples faces 30 ft away. If you where going to use the Q24 in the location where the Vivoteks are installed and you wanted detail it would never work. The Q24 is a tool just every other camera, use the correct tool for the job! At those outside locations if you tried a M12 you say the Vivotek image is crap. What are you using for recording?

+1

Hi, nice pictures, nice house

Can you send night shots pictures?

Thank you

+1

You know i actually did put that mobotix where the vivotek sets now, and i took it down. I think a good example would be wall mounted anywhere but not so much ceiling mounted. The main problem i have, is with a good picture, i get horrible motion blur. Without the motion blur i get bad picture. Who knows. Im about to post some night photos.

the interior are some nice shots, especially for just a single camera.

though ofcourse can do similar with a 4 cam dome ... but the q24 quality looks good otherwise.

This Pool Camera hasnt been focused or anythin. Just installed. It was about to start raining and these are a pain to focus. No lighting on.

131273_1.jpg

This on has to lights on both sides of garage. Probably needs some camera settings adjustments.

131273_2.jpg

And my baby. Not the dog.

131273_3.jpg

the pool cam looks about right for an IR dome .. they dont put out much IR in large open areas like that. Ive put what are normally decent IR bullets up at a pool and it was similar to that, a little more IR though .. but the only thing that really worked for me was the EX82 (not IP) but that kind of IR is not that cheap. Ive used more expensive IR bullets that claim the same or more IR as the EX82 and its not even 1/5 the visibility in the real world app. Maybe try a couple cheap 100' IR LED illuminators, they are inexpensive and although wont flood the area will at least give it some more visibility. You want to try get the IR to hit something, in your case there really is nothing, so try for the pool patio at the farthest end, hard to do without seperate IR or lowering the camera physically.

And i would sell the car and keep the truck for the roads down here

It looks like the ir directed in the pool or center of camera i guess. I have the lights off right now trying to figure out some wiring for my upb switch. The driveway im guessing could use some adjustments a little to whitefaced.

id lower the pool cam down to around 8' and it should be alot better. Either way it seems very high.

Thats what I had to do even with the EX82s. Lower the better and give it something within IR range to reflect off of.

Or install separate IR.

old snapshot, EX82, DVR had crappy evidence sharing, over the network.

Its the IR light im trying to show the example of here:

Pitch dark. Approx 100' to the building. On the local monitor it was crisp.

What looks like dirt is mostly bugs! But probably was dirty too, been up a few years prior to this.

poolIR2.jpg

Thats pretty good. I guess my problem over there at my pool is that the soffit is about 14ft high and i have a brick house. I would have to drill and fish wires down the wall. I can probably just live with where it is.

Let me ask u this also. Ive got one more of these domes coming. Not sure as of where im gonna put it probably the front door. but i have a couple other doors i would like to cover. Should i stick with these cams just for the doors or go with bullets.

they look fine, great daytime quality, dont expect much from the IR and keep it mounted within the IR range, door areas should be okay. Also regarding the snapshot I posted, lower resolution will have greater sensitivity for low lighting and IR, those EX82's were CCTV cameras, not IP or megapixel. But regardless their IR was impressive even compared to other non IP cameras, but they came at a big price tag.

In my case the wall was white, i came out of the single storey attic then ran wire mold down to the camera and put the cable in that so its not as easy to see. It takes alot of adjustments to get it just right for day and night apps. I also have them mounted higher up on poles and they work good also, but max is probably 10'-11' on 12' poles. I spent many nights in the pitch dark over the years ... darn eyes all burnt up now any IR i "see" makes them burn.

BTW in the case of the EX82 to emphasize the lower resolution being better for low light apps and IR ... their color camera was a 480TVL camera and the BW one was a 420TVL (it was a dual camera).

And this is something different .. this was a sanyo true day night box camera with a couple UF500 IR Illuminators .. shows how you can flood the area with much more powerful and expensive IR, shows IR off and then IR on .. thats the conditions I use to work under, pitch pitch dark! (was so tiny as was made for my website way back when)

Animation2.gif

no not wireless ...

they had some wireless stuff though, I think the EX85 replaced it as an IP cam.

the EX82s non wireless were expensive enough though ...

here is a larger shot of that flooded IR on the driveway: (dug up some old files)

uf500ex82.jpg

The reason im using mega is because i have them hdmi into a matrix to my tvs also. so when i cut resolution they look like hell on a 50 plasma. ive got them at 1024/720 they seem to run 15 fps and great image. Anytime u wanna play with mobotix settings ill give u the ip..lol

the replacement bulbs on those UF500's cost approx $100 each and had to replace them every couple years .. was a PITA so eventually phased out that camera and just went EX82s on all .. then a couple years on the second batch of EX82s started to act up, had to change photocells in a bunch of them .. one went totally bad and replaced with a IR bullet which is not even close to the EX82 in that pitch dark but they can see something and they are happy with the lower cost LOL. The original EX82s from the early 2000's are still working fine! except with one of them the color camera went bad so replaced it with a cheap color IR camera but using the original EX82's IR and works almost as well Next step .. megapixel and flood the area again, if they will buy it that is .. the client in this app has 50" monitors in almost every room .. had 42" monitors 10+ years ago including for their PCs.

What megapixel camera would u go with. I like domes just because i think they look nicer. The mobotix m12d looks like something from total recall.

this looks like its the Megapixel replacement for the EX82:

http://products.boschsecurity.us/en/TAMS/products/bxp/SKUPFT6203736075.P1.F.01U.080.088-CATM8fdf64030c835c8e9ff035f126e5edf5

not saying I would go with it .. just saying .. I need to see some images from it first .. and win the lottery

EX82 has an IP version now also but its not Megapixel.

Domes look nicer but really its about what gets the job done.

Also unless one uses a wall mount bracket, and instead mounts the dome wall mount, it could get dirtier quicker due to the rain hitting it directly.

Mobotix seems to be a big player in the Day Night IR IP area now.

Some of the members here swear by them.

Unfortunately cant find anyone down here who wants to spend the money on that gear now, even the wealthy clients want to get the cheapest thing that does the job "good enough".

Wow that is high rent. I like its says focus 5m to infinity..lol ... Plus it the ir range is 420ft that is crazy. Plus not a bad looking camera.