lmcgrew79

Vivotek FD8361 Camera Images @ my home

always gotta knock the IR back some ... the original EX82's claimed 150' IR (i think actually 165') but that was indoors, they actually did tell you that outdoors is only 75' approx .. Though in my case with the pool i was getting at least 90' but it was due to the objects (building and pool patio etc) for the IR to reflect from, and it being placed at a lower height. The newer EX82s came out with a new IR technology called Black Diamond but I never really tested those, they claimed further IR and better IR, thats what these current EX82's use also. With this EX85 MP cam the data sheet actually claims it as 150' for the same classification as the new EX82 claims for 75' so I would think it is somewhere in that 150' to 250' range outdoors, which is still alot more then the original or the new EX82, and its 1280x1024 instead of some 510x492 pixels. One thing about Extreme CCTV, the company that actually was before Bosch bought them, I use to speak to the techs and they would tell you no lies, and to the TEE about what is what and how to do whatever you needed to know, they were one of the few you could believe their specs and take their word for it (except for their cheaper WizKid division!). No idea how they are now, perhaps still as good, although still expensive

You know i actually did put that mobotix where the vivotek sets now, and i took it down. I think a good example would be wall mounted anywhere but not so much ceiling mounted. The main problem i have, is with a good picture, i get horrible motion blur. Without the motion blur i get bad picture. Who knows. Im about to post some night photos.

Mobotix cameras have more settings then any other camera on the market so if used in the proper location you would not have motion blur. Like I said the Q24 would not be a good fit for your outside locations but the M12 would do very well. You would be able to identify your face in the drive way shot without IR and the pool would look great with external IR.

+1 on the M12, that's the correct camera for day/night use or if you like domes, a D12 with 1 day and 1 night sensor/lens. I think the Q24 is a cool camera, but I have no idea where I would personally use it, it's a niche camera, not the right camera for you. I would not expect a Q24 to do well at all at night.

What you can do with Mobotix is open a support ticket on their website complaining that quality is not what you expect and give them a temporary user id/password to your camera and they will connect in and try their best. I don't think there's a more complicated camera to setup that a Mobotix and that doesn't mean I don't love them, just expect to spend 2-3 times more time setting one up than an Axis for example.

I don't think there's a more complicated camera to setup that a Mobotix and that doesn't mean I don't love them, just expect to spend 2-3 times more time setting one up than an Axis for example.

i use to spend upwards of a week setting up an EX82!

But its a dual color BW cam and involved day AND night "physical" adjustments

we didnt have all the digital settings the IP cams have .. we had to do hands on