vsector

Security camera suggestion...

Hello, I'm trying to replace a terrible resolution security camera. The camera is situated about 10 feet away from the door, but the image captured is not clear enough to identify a person.

I just need it for capturing faces as they walk through the door. Are there cameras that can are zoom-adjustable so they record the zoomed in image only? Does anyone have a recommendation for a high resolution camera?

What else affects the resolution of the final image from a security camera?

I'm not sure what brand the camera is but here's my original:

132040_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It sounds like you got a piece of junk if you cant capture a good image from only 10' away. When you are viewing the live video, does the image look clearer. If you have a piece of junk recording device then that could dirty up the resolution even more by the time you get around to review the recording.

Are there cameras that can are zoom-adjustable so they record the zoomed in image only?]

Not quite sure what you mean but if you are talking about an auto-zoom feature or remote zoom feature then I personally dont think you need one for this scenario. My recommendation would be to get a good analog camera with an vari-focal lens on it so you can adjust the zoom to your liking upon installation. From only 10' away, you should be able to use a camera with a typical 3.5-8mm lens (or thereabouts) and zoom in on the general area where there will be a face walking through the door and get a very crisp picture. Dont know if you still need an IR illuminated camera or not but if you never need this camera to see when the lights are out then you can forego that feature and just use a typical auto-iris lens or even a manual iris lens if the lights remain the same during viewing.

It sounds like you got a piece of junk if you cant capture a good image from only 10' away. When you are viewing the live video, does the image look clearer. If you have a piece of junk recording device then that could dirty up the resolution even more by the time you get around to review the recording.

Are there cameras that can are zoom-adjustable so they record the zoomed in image only?]

Not quite sure what you mean but if you are talking about an auto-zoom feature or remote zoom feature then I personally dont think you need one for this scenario. My recommendation would be to get a good analog camera with an vari-focal lens on it so you can adjust the zoom to your liking upon installation. From only 10' away, you should be able to use a camera with a typical 3.5-8mm lens (or thereabouts) and zoom in on the general area where there will be a face walking through the door and get a very crisp picture. Dont know if you still need an IR illuminated camera or not but if you never need this camera to see when the lights are out then you can forego that feature and just use a typical auto-iris lens or even a manual iris lens if the lights remain the same during viewing.

Huh, so any generic camera would be better?

I mean, the person is still unidentifiable even after looking at them in real time off of that camera. It's true though. The image quality after recording takes a huge nosedive.

No, not any generic camera would do better. Stick with name brand if you want to have safe quality results.

hi,i am lucy

in my opinion,you should try new brands ,maybe they are not reliable enough for you to purchase,while,you can view its demo video before refuse it .

i have got much experience in the field of ip camera.just believe me.

regards

lucy

I cannot see your picture. However, from the words you mentioned, do you mean the face is too black to see if he go through the door? If so, it is the problem of BLC. A wide dynamic range camera can resolve this problem.

To make you know the image, please click [edit by mod-no links from manufacturers to own website plz, per rules] to see the three different pictures.

Any more questions, contact me.