zxc123zxc123zxc

Playing back recordings -codecs

I am trying to play back video recordings... I can play them and hea the audio, but the video is black.

The recordings are in .mcg format, this is a format created by Vineyard technology, a US company that seems to have closed down.

I am trying to watch them with both vineyard's PC Viewer from Vineyard, or the DX client that came with the DVR. And both have the rame problem.

Since they can open and play the videos, playing the sound correctly but failing to render the moving video images (I see only blackness), I suspect I need to instal codecs for the format.

Any ideas????

I have recently installed the K-Lite codec pack and also the VLC player, and neither have helped.

have you installed your video card drivers?

otherwise its sounds like you havn't installed the DVR software correctly.

i've got a vineyard DVR here to, never found anything else that would play the video. its only mjpeg but its propriety.

I am trying to play back video recordings... I can play them and hea the audio, but the video is black.

The recordings are in .mcg format, this is a format created by Vineyard technology, a US company that seems to have closed down.

I am trying to watch them with both vineyard's PC Viewer from Vineyard, or the DX client that came with the DVR. And both have the rame problem.

Since they can open and play the videos, playing the sound correctly but failing to render the moving video images (I see only blackness), I suspect I need to instal codecs for the format.

Any ideas????

I have recently installed the K-Lite codec pack and also the VLC player, and neither have helped.

i wanna know whether your camera has its own software for decoding?

lucy