kenbo

Johnny 5 ptz cameras

I have a few of the johnny 5 ptz camers from 123cctv.com and they fail often. voltage from the transformer has been verifled. is there any other advise I can get for this issue. tech support for the company we purchased them from is no longer open. our viedo screen shows lost signal. Ideas?

To get an actual voltage reading you should measure the voltage at the camera, while the camera is connected. Then you will know what voltage the camera is really getting.

yes this is true and thats the area voltage was checked. the other problem i have with these cameras is sometimes a camera will only work in day light hours then not at night. vise versa. any ideas

yes this is true and thats the area voltage was checked. the other problem i have with these cameras is sometimes a camera will only work in day light hours then not at night. vise versa. any ideas

what power are you getting at the camera end. ??? volts and amps. and what size power supply are you using.

I have a few of the johnny 5 ptz camers from 123cctv.com and they fail often. voltage from the transformer has been verifled. is there any other advise I can get for this issue. tech support for the company we purchased them from is no longer open. our viedo screen shows lost signal. Ideas?

Has the camera ever worked reliably? If not, something is really wrong. I have looked at the camera and looking at all the IR + PTZ feature I am sure it consumes vast amounts of power and you will need a real strong powersupply for them.

What power supply do you use now? Can you get a (much) stronger one and try it on one of the cameras? See how the reliability is with the new power supply.

koolmer

The symptom that the camera doesn't always work at night almost always means a power supply that is either inadequate or dying.

The reason for this is that at night (or in low light) the camera will switch on IR, which bumps up the amount of power used, usually by quite a bit.

Another possibility is that the cabling running to the camera isn't adequate for powering the camera. For example, powering a camera with 24 gauge wire will not work reliably (usually). Using nice 18 gauge wire (thicker wire), on the other hand, will always reliably power a camera, even one that uses a LOT of IR.

the power suppy that came with the camera is AC 110V 50HZ

out put AC 24V 4A. made in china...hahaha. when the volage was checked at the camera under load I got 28V. I also checked the wire that was sent and it is a 24 gauge. this maybe the issue will try changing one out see if it works thank you....kenbo