Finally got my Kodicom card and sitesoftware to work(at last)

In setup i checked all the boxes in advanced setup to c (continuous record)

set all camera's to the same by using copy to all cameras, 16 although using 8 as it is an 8 way card.

Every hour it randomly drops 10 mins recording time.The red bar that shows recorded data has gaps in.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem with one of the kodicom dvr cards i have installed after some research I came up with the conclusion that it may be some harware compatibilities but i cannot be sure. I used GA 8IPE 1000G motherboard instead of the Soltec motherboard and everything went well. I can't tell you the exact problem because I haven't searched that very deep. I hope I helped you.

Thanks,

i set it up with motion record and it worked for a while the kept crashing.

I ditched the kod and bought a geo 600, much better, infact so good i have ordered a gv1000!

what kind of application do you intend for your GV1000 ? (if I remember right it cost over 1000$...)

Maybe I can help you a little more. what software version do you use for kodicom applications. Be aware that they are many fakes in the market and the prices vary from card to card. I experienced both original and fake cards insallations. please do me a favor : It happens that i am new in this forum and I have a problem with an anykeeper card. please see my thread

Maybe I can help you a little more. what software version do you use for kodicom applications. Be aware that they are many fakes in the market and the prices vary from card to card. I experienced both original and fake cards insallations.

can you please share your experience ? And what wersion of diginet software are you using ? (or maybe it is possible to use some othet software than diginet) ?

(I'm currently playing arround with 4 cameras acient kodicom card(4400 i think) and diginet 4.11 site . System: gigabyte MB, via chipset, Barton 2800+, 1024 RAM. version 4.12 simply chrashes after instalation.)

DONT USE A MB WITH VIA CHIPSETS ON A DVR BOARD WITH MORE THEN ONE CAPTURE CHIP. DO A SEARCH ON THIS FORUM FOR KODICOM AND VIA.

Please tap the caps lock key. Then take a screw driver and remove it. But there are capture cards that work just fine with via chipsets.

VIA CHIPSETS ARE INCOMPATABLE WITH DVR CARDS THAT USE THE HINT PCI BRIDGE CHIP USED ON CARDS WITH MORE THE ONE CONEXANT CHIP. THATS WHY THE GEO 600 WORKS AND THE KMD 4400 CRASHES.

VIA CHIPSETS ARE INCOMPATABLE WITH DVR CARDS THAT USE THE HINT PCI BRIDGE CHIP USED ON CARDS WITH MORE THE ONE CONEXANT CHIP. THATS WHY THE GEO 600 WORKS AND THE KMD 4400 CRASHES.

Yep, I know that there is official opinion that HINT don't mix with via, but currently I have KMD 4400 somehow working on my via/AMD ring. (diginet 4,11 is working, 4,12 crashing) hopefully soon I'll be able to test this setup on borrowed Intel 3Ghz machine with Asus MB and Radgeon 9600 video.

BTW in most of DVR requirements there is ATI, but no NVidia. why ?

But please note that the hint chips are not the only way to connect multiple compression chips. So stop saying not to use VIA chipsets with all multichip DVR boards. It's not true.

Ummm... you also Gotta Stop and turn your damn CAPS LOCK off before going any further.

Kodikom dvr cards are working properly with intel chipset. That is why I suggested the GB motherboard. I have frients who use MB with VIA and they experience some problems. You people are right when you say that in istallations with more than one conexant chip you don't have the proper results. I curently use the 4.11 version myself (for the fakes) but I have some ideas about how can we make the 4.12 version to work. I don't have so much time now for tests but if somebody wants to copy the 4.12 CD to the hard drive C and after that use the update tool of the software plase be my guest and try it. I will be very happy to hear the results. Also I don't think that kodikom Cards are the best solution to any installation but in some occasions it is just the right card.

Gotta stop you have GOTTA STOP

Geovision points at nvidia cards but ati work also,Kodicom favours ati.

Most cards tend to run ok with intel cpu, amd has issues with a lot of cards probably due to the mobo running sis or via chipset.Intel seems to be the chipset on the mobo that cctv cards favour.

koutsikos you dont point to anywhere for the download or am i missing something?

I curently use the 4.11 version myself (for the fakes) but I have some ideas about how can we make the 4.12 version to work. I don't have so much time now for tests but if somebody wants to copy the 4.12 CD to the hard drive C and after that use the update tool of the software plase be my guest and try it. I will be very happy to hear the results. Also I don't think that kodikom Cards are the best solution to any installation but in some occasions it is just the right card.

don't work. the "update" tool copies some apache related files to windows temp directory and nothing hapens.

BTW anyone know differences between 4,11, 4,12 and 4,13 ?

This is a complex question. There are different versions and different patches within those versions. For instance, 4.1.3 is now at patch 11. What are you looking for exactly?

looking for the difference between 4.11 (I'm running now) and whatever the most recent version is. Thx.

4.11 was never an official release so it’s hard for me to tell you what has changed. It was a version used by counterfeit board manufactures in china. So..... I guess that I can answer your questions this way....... The official Kodicom releases actually work. Features work, remote video has better quality and faster transmission. AVI backup will work, time backup will work, backup over the network will work, 2 way audio will work. Some of these features you may not use, so you are not aware that they don’t work.